Return to Level1Techs.com

Forum Update 0x00: init 6

forum-update

At the moment, it’s 99% administrator work, so that pretty much falls squarely on me.

I appreciate the offer though. If I find that I need anything, I’ll reach out.

1 Like

The way most find as a way to give back is by learning something for yourself on something and then sharing your knowledge back to the community whether a normal post or a wiki. Here is an example: Installing Debian [A normal users guidelines episode 0x01]

Most of the time the backend work on the forum cannot be aided by non moderators… :slight_smile:

1 Like

s/moderators/administrators/g

1 Like

Big +1 from me on this.

Consider where you are. Know your audience. You can do things in the lounge that you can’t do in a help desk thread and vice versa. You can say something to one person but not another, etc.

2 Likes

You missed out group tag @BSD unless you didn’t want freqlabs the be branded and shamed all on their own half of the net…

0 Likes

TL2 is the regular one one that allows you to edit titles and other stuff?

Not getting on my soapbox here, but I participate a regular amount and have once had that now don’t, I rarely partake in giveaways though I have done and have also posted my own for others, but that feels restricting.

It is not a huge leap to TL1 but you still need to be here and doing something. I feel that is the best option.

Though that said I would not mind more important or higher profiles giveaways being TL2. Guess it depends on what’s being given away.

1 Like

tl5 is admin?
tl4 is leader
tl3 is title and category manipulation
tl2 is member
tl1 is basic
tl0 is new

2 Likes

@OpenSUSE reee

I can imagine these being useful for “hey im having trouble with X problem on arch, can someone who uses @arch help me?”

0 Likes

no tl5. Just moderator and admin groups respectively after tl4

1 Like

Jolly good carry on. Thanks for that too.

0 Likes

are ware games like the text games from the BBS days or what in the world is it?

0 Likes

Think like overthewire.org stuff or hackthebox.

2 Likes

Speaking of BBS, is that something we could have added in @sgtawesomesauce? Community project type thing perhaps?

0 Likes

We have a DIY Corner now and we’ve had projects and events for a while.

1 Like

It’s actually,

TL7 - Owner
TL6 - Admin
TL5 - Mod
TL4 - Leader
TL3 - Regular
TL2 - Member
TL1 - Basic
TL0 - Anonymous

But Adubs is technically correct. My hierarchy is for illustration purposes. Since there are slight different in the top 3 slots.

1 Like

@Aremis

1 Like

Btw fwiw I thought the mods could do a lot of the forum re-arranging without admin permission. So I am dense sometimes. I saw an earlier post to the effect of I’m too busy to do stuff. Am busy, but I didn’t want to be the one to tear up the driveway to put a flower bed in as it were. Plus I thought mods had the power to manage cats/subcats. Oops

2 Likes

I’ll have to look, there may be some config for that.

0 Likes

Knowing how particular the authors of the software are about their deliniations of what has what power… I would not be surprised if there was an absence of such a thing. They are very deliberate and methodical… So not sure this fits into their “vision”.

That being said they have a strong belief in the TL system auto regulating itself if left “untampered” not sure if that pans out IRL vs paper

0 Likes

I think it was added but it might have been another beta site i noticed that on

0 Likes