Return to Level1Techs.com

Forum Meta Discussion 2019 2nd Edition

engagement

Hello and welcome to our quarterly forum meta discussion.
In this thread you are free to discuss your feelings on the state of the forum. This may include such topics as proposals for new rules or revisions of current rules, comments on how you feel moderation is being handled, proposals for new forum features (please be reasonable as Discourse is not magic) or other ideas you may have (user driven giveaways, get crackin threads, ideas for new badges, etc).

This thread will remain open and globally pinned for a period of two weeks and then be locked/unpinned. If you would not like it to appear in your feed as pinned, you can scroll to the bottom of the thread and unpin it for yourself.

If a topic is better served as its own thread a TL4 user may elect to split it off into a new thread where the topic can be discussed more easily.
(TL4 or Trust Level 4 users are any higher than Regular, this includes Leaders, Moderators, and Admins.)

Thread Rules:

This is not a lounge or Mega thread, please avoid shitposting. TL4 users decide what constitutes that on a case by case basis and may act upon it.

This is not a thread to flame users or staff. Constructive criticism is welcome but blatant violations of rule 4 and 6 will be dealt with accordingly.

Be prepared for the possibility of another user disagreeing with your opinions, act responsibly.

This thread will be open for two weeks from April 2nd to April 16th

5 Likes

Question about changes

Are the ‘new’ rules basically here to stay now? I feel like no one cares when the rules are actually broken until someone flags it basically and thats just a license to flag people you dont agree with.

3 Likes

I dont see them going away soon, unfortunately.

yes

2 Likes

Like the MPs at Westminister, I would like to propose a motion for the fifth time;

Dark theme pls.

8 Likes

pinned globally #5

2 weeks

0 Likes

Also I would request the math plugin to be removed as it is fucking taxing on mobile

This one
0 Likes

Thats honestly really disappointing.

2 Likes

As if the people with gif avatars arent?

/s

1 Like

Less so, ackhyually

0 Likes

feels bad man

1 Like

Larger avatar sizes please.

They’re soooo small. :frowning:

1 Like

Make hardware mega threads a thing again

0 Likes

Users can make thread on specific versions of hardware but not an all encompassing “[insert manufacturer here] thread”

1 Like

I’m not mad

just disappointed

mPYk5jr

2 Likes

Some interaction and feedback from the moderators and leaders in these meta threads would be great.

2 Likes

r/teenagers does an AMA for every time there is a new mod. Could maybe do the same here for new leaders/mods

2 Likes

AMA - kewldude007

this is all garbage

thats my input for this thread

5 Likes

Let’s check the public opinion on the rules

2 Likes

Would maybe get more votes, if the results weren’t public. :thinking:

1 Like

Fixed

2 Likes