Return to Level1Techs.com

Forum Meta Discussion 2019 1st Edition

Freqlabs

2 Likes

I take action whenever something happens in front of me, if not it’s usually fixed by the time I get on
Outside of spam clean up, most of what mods do are observation based

So I could see where it looks like we don’t do anything hardly

(Though I probably do the least out of all the mods since I watch the lounge)

0 Likes

freqlabs has his rank because he is essentially the discord leader

Tjj226_Angel again has some sort of difficult situation

I agree with all the others though

3 Likes

I think you (mods) do your job just fine.

My point is I don’t think any inactive user should be @trust_level_4 for any reason.

0 Likes

I think kiaxa has been here since raze the w0rld so that’s probably why he’s still lv4
Trevvstem was lounge dad and pretty wholesome but haven’t seen him in a while

2 Likes

Alright, here goes.

1. Mods don’t apply the rules consistently.

TL;DR:

This is the biggest gripe I have, depending on the mod, time of day or cosmic ray, same/similar actions can have widely different outcomes when it comes to mods applying the rules.

Examples being:

• me posting suggestive but not lewd anime gif (the food wars one) vs photo of almost naked ass: Photography from the community
  • me creating the “temp-lounge” getting insta closed vs @admindev making one and it’s k
  • multiple instances of people shittalking, some get suspended, some not

L1T channel makes you think L1T forums would be all for freedoms and shit, but the forums are actually gradually getting more and more closed up. So much for “don’t tread on me” folks.

1. Mods decide the rules by themselves

What’s the point of making a forum if the users are treated like EA treats their players, minus the cash. As just cattle. For EA they just make money, for the forums they just make it look alive. If all you want is lounge and QA type of posts. Just move the QA to Stack Exchange and Lounge to discord and be done with it. Why not be more transparent. This thread helps. But I didn’t feel no change after my anon vacation.

1. Speaking of rules, the new changes are subpar.

Really, word banning? Fuck context? IMO there’s no reason to ban certain words. What about the single lounge rule? No one wanted that, and in the end there are still multiple mega_threads. So what was the point?

1. The forum got slower.

Roll back pls.

Anyways this is it. I gave the forum another go, but it looks like me and mods are incompatible. I like to have some dumb fun from time to time, but the olde days of lounge are done. No more fun allowed. We’re seriosu forums now. Mkay.

Pls don’t ban me yet, let me say few goodbyes in PMs.

1 Like

The problem is that you are trying to testify against our duties, which falls into the trolling category. I, and the others, have been tracking your behaviour and it’s not in good standing at least to say.

0 Likes

I am sitting here, reading this garbage and laughing…
“Whine whine the mods are bad, they spank me bad for breaking the rules” and here I am, 5-6 years user, havent been warned, haven’t been suspended, etc etc.
You know, if you don’t act like an ass you will not have the moderators treat you like one and surprise - the mods will not abuse their powers and what not…

BTW I don’t have any issues with anything but a couple assholes in the lounge, bit I found the mute button so they can be assholes away from me.

10 Likes

deleted

0 Likes

LMFTFY Leaders

0 Likes

I think that went away to be honest

0 Likes

test 3 in a row

0 Likes

4th is best

0 Likes

deleted

0 Likes

It did for leaders I don’t think so for members. Might need tweaking.

0 Likes

you sure?

0 Likes

deleted

0 Likes

Thats kinda crap imo

0 Likes

No it’s not.

0 Likes

I got that, i though Eden did it for everyone

0 Likes