Forcing Implicit SLI on RTX 3090 Possible?

Hi all

So I know that the RTX 3000 series have killed off Implicit SLI and that only the 3090 can do SLI.
My question is, is there a way to force implicit SLI on the 3090, either in drivers natively via some hidden option or through hacking the drivers in any way?
I know the SLI arguments, and I am not asking if it is trash or not, or if it is dumb or not, or a waste of money. I just want to know if there is a way to reenable implicit SLI in drivers or if the cards are hardware locked out of even doing implicit SLI?
Thanks for your time and help.

Probably not. The “new” SLI is only through NVLink, which is much faster than PCIE4.0.

1 Like

I did try a bridge and bridgeless setup, when use in explicit, I believe that the software need to be able to use the gpu independently, I know that octane bench software actually can do that, I tried 3dmark extreme, I didn’t test a A/B for that test though, I hate those perfect drivers that get messed up when putting or removing the nvlink… It just doesn’t work!

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.