Alright. Besides the title, I am going to try to keep the rage down a bit.
So here is the order of things.
- Getting parts to build a new computer.
- Friend heavily reccomended the EVGA x79SLI
- Newegg showed lots of good reviews.
- Bought it.
So here is where the BS happens.
- Computer is not working.
- Try everything.
- End up figuring it out becasue the internet is pissed at EVGA boards.
- So I call EVGA about it.
- I get hung up on twice.
- Finally get to a representative.
- He goes through just about everything he can think of.
- I get hung up on after I ask if I can get an RMA.
- I google why the x79 SLI wont work.
- Turns out all x79 EVGA boards ship with a shitty bios chip.
- I call back.
- I get told that the chip will be shipped to me as fast as possible.
- Representative goes to talk with his boss.
- Blatently tells me that he will be shipping it the cheapest way possible.
- Thats fine. How long will it take? 10 days.
- Fine I get it. I call back (10 days later) They havnt even shipped the damn thing yet.
- At this point I just tell newegg about it, they apologize and give me free shipping on any motherboard. I get an MSI GD45 for 15% off too. WEEEEEEEEEEE
Main point / TL;DR Fuck off EVGA.
Anyone else have bad expiriences with EVGA or other companies?