"For fun" 10k Dream Build - Opinions?

If I'm going to dump 30K in a build and it doesn't then I'll just have a metal shop MAKE ONE of my own design MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Server components for a gaming / rendering machine ?

server components to run ANYTHING

you know the regular casual stuff like rendering 4 instances of the matrix in realtime

Et bien, j'ai toujours été satisfait avec Amazone ... livraisons rapides et en cas de couille, bon SAV.
Et non, t'es pas le seul Français xD

J'aime pas trop la gueule des HAF(s) ... je trouve le design un peu trop agressif / "steampunk russia" (si tu comprends ce que je veux dire xD)

Oh!
I wasn't aware of that ... you know I am still a huge newbee compared to you guys (kinda feel like I am still playing with my pokemon cards lol). So yeah, didn't think Server components would make up for a good (wicked sick) gaming rig (and also long Cinema 4D renders)

But if you were to replace something in my original build, what would it be ?
Keep in mind that I might actually try to build that 10k build next year with the extra money I make working for clients aside from my job (black money).

well, workstation cards probably don't perform as well as their gaming counterparts but they are still pretty powerful, though I'd imagine with all that power you could create a "software DX11" and get decent frame rates with 8-10 teraflops of double percision processing power

Why not go for the 6gb 7970 card ? ... 3 of those would be great for 3 monitors :D 

And why not go for 2-3 SSD's in raid 0 ?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102997

workstation card=/=desktop gaming card

with those upgrades i think u would run out of open slots soon

BOTH!!!!!!!!! 12 MONITORS!!!!!

hence my build..... ~1.5 TB of ssd, but with that many drives, something is gonna fail eventually, so raid 10 is the answer

YERSH!!!!! custom cases!!!!!!!!!!

hardrives everywhere...... dual mobo.......

"DISCONTINUED"

so.... pair 2 gtx 690's in sli, and add in a quadro for rendering

oh, and ur gonna need usb cards.... server mobo only has 2 2.0 usb's

your clearly gonna need a desk and chair to match your new computer

lol ! ^^
I had that in mind ... would go with a minimalistic desk, Black finish, wood, and a layer of glass on top.

I don't want useless stuff going under, as I usually spin alot on my chair xD
But to go with that, a silent mini fridge to the left side, with fresh beer in it at all time ^^

For the chair, I have no idea what I would use, as long as it supports my back correctly and spins ^^

or, if your like me, build one..... I like building

save soo much moneys

I'd buy a supercomputer for this build

nuff said

more fun to build ur own super worksation rig