Foobar2000 for Mac?

Just wondering if there’s Foobar2000 for Mac. I don’t see it on their official download page: https://www.foobar2000.org/download

You’d have to run it in wine. I recommend Clementine as a replacement.

1 Like

How is it in comparison? I know Foobar is the shit, so having to compromise is ehhhhh…

Never used foobar. I just see a lot of people send it as a replacement.

https://www.clementine-player.org/screenshots

heresy

Meh? I like clementine and MPD.

What’s that one?

Command line only / GUILess audio player. Has front ends, not needed though.

ewhhhhhh

inb4 linux nerds call me normie

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee

2 Likes

there is a foobar2000 beta - foobar2000 for mac

Clementine is good alternative on looks, but lacks some of the foobar tools/utilities

On Linux, I found Deadbeef to have the functions I rely on similar Foobar.
There is a mac version of Deadbeef, but never had a mac to find out what music player options would work

I had a look at it, and the customizability just isn’t there. Really depressing considering how good it is for Windows too. I mean, it still plays FLAC files (yay), but a lot of the features just aren’t available.

Having used both for a while foobar2000 is waaaaayyyyy more flexible in layout and functionality. foobar2000 is like a bucket full of legos whereas Clementine is more of a prebuilt and glued-together lego set piece.

As far as I know foobar runs pretty well in Wine though. And if you use something like winebottler or playonmac you won’t have to fiddle with starting it via weird commands or whatever, it packs them in an app file.

Seems like this is true for every media player other than Foobar tbh

I don’t know how to get WINE running on/in OS X/macOS though

I believe its available through homebrew.

You don’t need to yourself, Winebottler and PlayOnMac both come with one-click installers, they manage and pack the required wine version for you. There is no need to install wine yourself.

Though disclaimer, back when I still used my Macbook I only used Winebottler, I haven’t used PlayOnMac. But I have used PlayOnLinux which is the sister-project.

Hmm, i don’t think Foobar is the shit, Jriver is waaay better, but you have to pay for that…