Floatplane Media?

In the last wan show (at time of writing) it was explained the reason why it folded had more to do with the way they where wasting money and was focused more on getting bought than having a profitable business model. (on a side note I wasn't aware, I paid enough attention to the wan show while it was playing live while I was working on my car)

1 Like

Yes the start up dream is no longer to be the next Google but rather to be bought by them.

8 Likes

I personally support the patreons of my favorite youtube channels.

1 Like

Needs moar CRTs

as long as it pay my money for bits...im iffy. call me when its open source and distributed.

I see linus needs a new car that pink thing is a monster.

Outside of TV shows waiting a week is stupid....even netflix gets it.

I've always wondered what will become of those Tech Tubers guys when YT eventually drops the ball and basically reduces all income generating services they offer to merely some flat rate compensation equivalent to a 'car sales' commission based system instead.

1 Like

we are seeing a lot of ways to get off of youtube's teat, Patreon and merchandise are some.
How far YT drops the ball is yet to be seen but they have proven themselves to be unreliable, to put it kindly.

Iā€™m over big monopolies on the the internet and corporate americaā€¦ it truly stifles creative and small startupsā€¦ Iā€™ve never been a fan of the whole Linus crowed as they sold out years ago, I almost could go as far as to say there getting what they deserve, I hope this works out in order to help the smaller business but to be dammed with themā€¦ just MHO.

7 month necro thread is locked.