Fleshgod Apocalypse - King [new album]

Just a PSA for the new Fleshgod Apocalypse album. I've been listening to it today, it's pretty good, a solid addition.

What do you guys think of the new album?

@kat @_Alamar @soulfallen @strykerzr350

Did someone say, Fleshgod Apastalypse?

1 Like

I'm not sure yet based on the sample tracks that are currently available. I'll see if more get added online soon. I'm not a fan of their sound in general though. Their new album is too melodic/symphonic for me and I just can't get into their older stuff. Based on the sample tracks, their older stuff is much heavier. I appreciate bands that try to incorporate technicality into their sound, but I have an issue when all of that technicality is drowned out by super low tunings and uncontrolled distortion. I'm really picky when it comes to metal and since I'm not a big death metal fan, I'm even more picky when it comes to that sub-genre :(

Bummer, I really like the symphonic parts, gives it a nice dynamic, but as far as death metal goes there are better bands out there.

Yeah I'm digging the tracks from their new album a lot more than what I've heard from their earlier EPs and albums, so that's cool. I like the change in sound. Their earlier stuff seems a lot more straightforward and boring to me. Totally agree about the added dynamics.

1 Like

Techdeath isn't for anyone.

I like some techdeath a lot actually. Just not these guys.

I like it.