Flashing IBM M1015 for SSD HBA Function

I am trying to flash my IBM M1015 to the SSD HBA firmware so I can use my 1.8in 400gb IBM SSD. I found a guide on how to flash the M1015 into the LSI IT mode and within the zip file there are two files that look like they might be the SSD firmware. Can anyone help me out with flashing this card so I can use my SSD? I don’t trust myself to not brick my card.

Here is a screenshot of the files included in the ZIP folder:

Here is a link to the guide I found on how to flash this card: https://www.servethehome.com/ibm-serveraid-m1015-part-4/

Well, the article you linked says that 2118it.bin is the LSI IT mode firmware.

I’m not aware of any reason that your SSD would not work with the stock firmware on the card. Have you tried it?

When I flashed that firmware onto the card, the SSD will show up on the Windows installer, but it won’t let me install the OS to the drive. The SSD is formatted in a unique way so that it will only work with the IBM hardware.

Oh, so you need to restore the card back to the stock firmware.

Well, the instructions in the article say to do this:

Convert LSI9211-IT/IR back to LSI9240 (IBM M1015)
Type in the following exactly:
Megarec -cleanflash 0
Megarec -writesbr 0 sbrm1015.bin
<reboot, back to USB stick>
Megarec -m0flash 0 0061_lsi.rom (for latest LSI firmware, also included 2x IBM roms too, just change name)
<reboot>
Done!

But I suppose instead of using 0119_lsi.rom you would use 0101_ibm.rom.

That being said, I can’t really endorse the instructions. I have flashed other LSI-based cards before, but I have never used megarec as part of the process. I also can’t find any official download or documentation for it.