Fitness Levels?

I'd love to have met the younger you, could've probably bench pressed me, maybe even with one arm! :joy: ... I'm roughly 130~145 lbs.... So yeah....

Sounds neat, hope you know the basic tips for a long stroll: loads and loads of carbs before the start, stack up on some nuts and eat as you go, add additional cushioning between the straps & shoulders, double socks, baby powder or vaseline in the ass & thighs, possibly duct tape your nips, and ofc tightly strap the most weight around your waist to get the most weight down from your shoulders.
I walk a so called 'green beret march' each year, which is approx. 80km in lenght carrying 25kg of combat gear + 30kg in a backpack, and gotta admit that places get pretty sore lol. Altho due to the normal walking speed it's pretty easy, the british style, was it 30km in 2.5h carrying 30kg? Can't remember, but anywho that's harder imo due to the speed.

I'm about the most boring person on earth at this time in my life. LOL

I'd say that's mostly why I have some form of body fat, I tend to enjoy my carb rich foods, not that it's a bad thing, I'm still far from fat. But I don't need encouragement when it comes to carbs, I enjoy anything from rice to potatoes.

Those are some tips I didn't think of, but makes sense.

I've never felt the need to do that, personally, so I'm sure I'll be fine without that one.

Walking 80KM, on any terrain, it's bound to make you sore here and there, that's hardly something to be ashamed of? :joy:

That still doesn't sound too bad, I mean it works out to be like 2~4 MPH, I was under the assumption that the average is about 5. But to be fair, extra weight makes it a lot harder to keep up, so there is that.

And this is a bit related and unrelated at the same time, but when I was a kid, I mean like 3ft tall at most, I used to get the biggest rucksack I had, fill it to the top with stones and walk for as long as possible! :joy: ... One time I specifically remember in my early teens, I filled one bag so much that it was a challenge to get off my arse with it on... :joy:

I doubt that very much? - I mean exercise/fitness doesn't mean you're boring?

I know one guy, doesn't go out, ever, has no social life, doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, he literally does nothing. I kinda feel sorry for him, because I think to myself if I were anything like that I'd probably be incredibly depressed. I find it sad. He doesn't seem bothered, but still, I just think he may regret not having a bit of fun while he's still young. I'm not saying people should drink and smoke to have fun, but from a perspective of fun, that beast sitting at home alone, surely?

you apparently know me.

1 Like

Lmao, surely you must do something???

not really, i goto work every day, and screw off on the internet after that. ive beaten my body to the point where most everything is painful. no booze, smoking or drugs here other than OTC painkillers (asperin,motrin,etc).
to many old injuries haunt me...

Again, by fun, drugs don't have to be a thing, personally, I don't find smoking or drinking fun, I've not even tried anything else, I'm quite an innocent lad in that respect...

So why don't you just do basic social things? - Cinema or go out for food? Idk, just two random ideas off the top of my head.. Just do something with friends?

If some of you guys struggle with weight loss, there's two things that you can do:

1. stop eating junk food and drinking alcohol (honestly, probably much harder than the second thing that you should do);
  2. buy and use (obviously) a kettlebell. Males are advised to start with either a 12kg or 16kg kettlebell. It barely takes up any space and 30 minutes a day with that thing can burn away 600 calories. 600 calories less per day 7 days a week is 4200 calories which is 0.5kg or 1.1 pound. At first you probably won't be able to exercise 7 days in a row with it until you gain some strength and muscle endurance, but that's OK. Gotta start somewhere. It's probably the single best piece of exercise equipment that you can buy, and it's relatively cheap.
1 Like

That alone makes a RIDICULOUS difference. I cut out all junk food from chips/fires to snacks, I replaced the snacks with fruit, I found I felt fuller for longer, I was losing weight and I felt healthier and when you feel healthier, there's no doubt that you feel better too.

It's suggested you don't lose/burn any more than 1~1.5 pounds a week, you can get away with 2 pounds a week, but I personally wouldn't advies doing that. Especially if you're weight training, you're going to be building muscle mass while burning fat and muscle weighs more than fat anyway.

Personally, the thing I'd look for the most if I were trying to lose weight is by seeing if I can still fit into the same clothes, or even check my waist line every week or so. You get the idea, weighing yourself isn't the best idea if you're doing weight training and you're focusing on getting slim. I'm sure loads of people have said similar enough things in the past.

1 Like

What are friends?

These pretty cool things that are like things, y'know when you get things and they're just cool, it's kinda like that, you know, things man?

1 Like

Friends are one of those things that might motivate a person to want to exercise more and make it easier to exercise on occasion?

Depends on the friend.... :joy:

When I pee on my friends, they just pee on me back, I mean what goes around comes around? ... Maybe you've got some boring friends man? :confused:

True point lol. Friends are those that which you taunt, will just roast you harder :grin:

EXACTLY! :heart:

.... Where I'm from, if you can't grasp that, then you ain't ever gonna make friends, in my part of the world, I'd say foul language, sarcasm, and all things that could offend someone, well... It's like we're born with it to a whole new level... It's just the humour in my area, it's just offensive as hell, I sometimes worry about the idea of travelling because I can imagine I'd get my fair share of dirty looks! :joy:

FTFY

I found it interesting that the results alternated fit /fat.
I used to be fit. I look fit, but I'm not anymore.
Now I am old and much less active. At least I still have a small amount of get up and go left.

I need to get back on my rowing machine. I've been lazy over the past few months.

1 Like

Shit I wish you would have asked this 3 years ago lol, at the end of high school I was fit af

I've lost all my conditioning but im the same figure, damn vidya