FISA warrant issued on American citizen? (Manafort)

Maybe I am remembering wrong, but FISA warrants can’t be issued against US citizens, no?

I am posting this in news since it seems an outrageous breach of the law, but I can’t help but wonder am I missing something?

1 Like

FISA courts came about cause of the Church commision from Sen Frank Church, on of my fav historical figures.
Church commission made public many of the dirty deeds of the CIA.
One month after JFK was shot Harry S Truman posted an op-ed calling for the CIA to be curtailed.

I’m sure Truman never dreamed we would end up with 17 intelegence agencies.
Whole bunch of info from Kevin Shipp, cia whistle blower.

More links from the "rabbit hole"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-24/fisa-court-finds-very-serious-fourth-amendment-issue-obamas-widespread-illegal-searc
1 Like

You keep buying into the dumbest far-right conspiracy theories on the internet. Either that or you’re spreading misinformation on purpose.

Instead of criticizing sources please post your own, lets keep up a healthy conversation.

8 Likes

:eyes::alien:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll get right on that. FFS, even the birds are aware that the whole Obama wiretapping narrative was made up by Alex Jones and then other propagandists like Fox News repeated it in order to justify Trump’s mentally retarded tweets. It’s been debunked by everyone, including the Republicans. And let’s not even get into the fact that the president can’t order a wiretap. If he had done that it would have been insanely easy for Trump to prove it conclusively.

Almost a year into this mentally retarded administration and some people still believe the president that listens to a nut-job conspiracy theorist like Alex Jones. It’s full blown idiocracy.

1 Like

6 Likes

You cant scientifically prove Hillary isnt a demon.

Checkmate

6 Likes

FISA is basically a rubberstamp for spying

and has been abused

The President was right all along:

and the former DNI need to go to prison:

2 Likes

Obama administration is not the same thing as the entire US government, so no Obama didn’t wiretap anyone. And Manafort is not Trump, so FBI or some other agency wiretapping Manafort is not in any known reality even remotely the same as Obama administration wiretapping Trump.

And are you people seriously surprised that law enforcement agencies would wiretap a suspected criminal? How do you think law enforcement agencies get to organized crime figures? I don’t understand why you’d be so shocked.

And if you actually think that Manafort and Trump are innocent, you need your brain checked. Trump’s been involved in organized crime since at least the 80’s. First the Italian mafia and then the Russians in mid 80’s. He would have been fine, probably, if he didn’t enter into politics. But he did, so now he’s toast. Unless you think that so many well respected and serious prosecutors would risk their careers on a “nothingburger”. This is a career making or career breaking case. So grow up. Trump is going down. It’s not a question of if at this point, but of when and how.

Out of the loop on this one. What is he suspected of?

You’re the one who made this about Trump. It seems like you need to grow up. The only one who’s butt-injured here is you.

Let’s loop this back on topic though. It’s not about red vs blue here, this is about government vs citizen.

The fact of the matter is that this is about FISA court operations which were previously thought to not be used against citizens. (I had a feeling this was bullshit, but now we have confirmation)

1 Like

You’re the only one who hasn’t sited a source. If you’re going to turn this into a debate follow the rules of debate elsewise I’d actually like to see where the grownups take the discussion without you getting it locked.

1 Like

mental gymnastics, my favorite sport!

Snowden exposed it way back when now. Not enough people cared…

Ah, I remember this now. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Good shit

1 Like

It was all over the internet. You’d have to live under a rock to miss it: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/02/obama-trump-tower-wiretap-no-evidence-242284

You can’t order a wiretap without any paper trail. It would be the easiest thing for Trump to prove if it were true. The real reason why Trump tweeted that brain fart is because he’s scared. He’s basically cornered now with nowhere to go. And on top of that he’s a moron who fired the guy who’s been investigating him, and now more people are investigating him and his allies. Trump supporters need to prepare themselves for the inevitable because they voted for a lifelong criminal, and there’s only one way that this can end. It’s only a matter of time.

I wasn’t going to, actually. Which is why I was just ridiculing people who bought into actual fake news stories. It’s kind of ironic that people who scream the loudest about fake news are utterly incompetent to recognize that they’re being manipulated by actual fake news websites like Breitbart and InfoWars.
There’s no point in dancing around this. Intelligent people don’t read that shit.

He’s a Russian agent. He deals mostly in finances (money laundering for criminal organizations, basically). He first appeared on the radar of authorities (at least as far as the public is aware) when he was involved in helping the pro-Russian political party in Ukraine. He was also one of the people who met with that Russian lawyer in Trump Tower to acquire dirt on Hillary. The full scope of what he’s potentially guilty of is still unknown. But he’s got strong ties to the Russian government, Russian oligarchs and by extension the Russian mob.

The folks at Politico would have you believe that if you just called the Justice Dept they would have said "Yep we got that court right here and we would love to send you a copy"
Maybe the FISA court has a twitter feed and you can see who they are spying on.
FISA is part of the CIA, FISA warrents are not filed at your local courthouse…shocker!
ROFL

Politico :slight_smile:

Wiretapping? This isn’t 1950, digital information is a free for all.
Call it a criminal investigation and legislation asks corporations to share their data on good will. No warrant required. What was that CISA or something from a year of two ago?

As stated, Snowden risked his freedom for ours and the masses gave no fucks.

Government offices and employees still use landlines. VoIP is a no no and anything important is either secure land line, government email server or in person. So yes there is wire-tapping, literal wire tapping. And obviously digital monitoring.