First World/Dad Gaming Problems

A white noise machine is probably what you're looking for.

Their pick is what I have. Turn it up just enough to mask whatever noise you're making and you'll be golden.

1 Like

Tell the wife to put some ear plugs in ears at night while she is sleeping. If she won't then load up her drinks with something to knock her out before bed. Also what about the option of sound proofing the home better?

I've streamed blade and soul to my netbook from main rig in other room, slight lag (wireless) but playable. I would seriously consider an x86 small system to stream steam on TV in your situation.

Ironically I am the one who need silence to sleep. However when I am awake I can't tell my wife to wear her headphones cause I want to play games. My main gaming rig is in the bedroom also. My rig does not even have speakers.
Personally I am a morning gaming person cause I find it easier to sleep after reading.
The people who game in the morning suck as bad as I do so it works out great.

Youtube and headphones are the antidote for the Real Houswives of New Jersey!

I think I will build a small form factor living room PC and use that.
I have an old GTX670 laying about somewhere so i will stick that in it to start it off.

Cheers for the replied guys, much appreciated and I always like to hear different options.

Most of my gaming is done with the kids these days. My 4 year son just beat me at 8-bit armies... I have to handicap myself by basically building a massive army then swap PC's with him and then quickly build what I can from the base he has constructed before he rolls over me with the army I just created...

Now he is off to bed I could try and carry on with Battlefield 3, or ARMA 3 or something, but I can't really be bothered...

Our PC's are in the box room, what used to be his nursery, so no compaints about noise :-)

1 Like

Doesn't Steam Link address this exact issue?

Steam link is gold for those that have kids and a family. When I can't be in the bedroom(I have 3) I just go to the living room and grab the Xbox controller