First Try

Just got home and tried my had to overclock my i5-3570k from 3.4 to 4.0 didn't change the voltage, I'm using a Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H. Temps are now around 42-49 at Idle instead of the 20-30 before using a Evo cooler. Should I change the voltage or is this fine?

[IMG]http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/Grille_Sechs_H/CoreTemp-Scr2.png[/IMG]

Is it stable without bumping up the voltage? If so then no, don't, that'd be stupid.

Test it with Prime 95 for 12 hours and see if it's stable. If there are no crashes and your temperatures stay under 80C then you're good. Only increase the voltage if the overclock isn't stable. If it's already stable then there's no reason to increase the voltage. It will only increase temperatures even more.

wow 12 hours will have to do that over the weekend to better keep an eye on it.

Just run it overnight. You don't need to keep an eye on it for 12 hours, lol. Just start it up and your temperatures will immediately ramp up. They shouldn't get much hotter than that, and you'll know if your overclock is stable if you wake up in the morning and your computer didn't crash and all the workers in Prime 95 are still working.

Something I forgot to ask should I disable the write-caching policy on my HDD? Until the OC proves stable.