First time building pc on budget

Not griping at you, but there's a reason we link US sites... We're in the US. Google, and other search engines, cater the website you see to the country you are in. Yes, you can get on foreign websites, but they are not the things that search engines will give you first. So a lot of us, including myself, are just blindly throwing out suggestions in hopes that the OP has that or similar parts where they are at similar prices. Again, not griping, but it's an ironic issue that the technical community deals with when trying to help someone across the planet. And not a lot of people know/realize how different the internet may look from across the globe. Stay frosty!

1 Like

There's a reason why he provided some sites he'd be able to buy from.

What's with your be quiet fanboyism? Seriously? It'd make sense if you had some benchmarks etc to back up this claim that they're the bees knees, but you haven't provided any whatsoever.

Linus and AwesomeSauce got me interested in Be Quiet! I bought the Shadow Rock 2. I tested it, thoroughly. That is not fanboyism. That is me saying "I have this cooler, I give you my word it's good." This is no different than anybody who ever owned an EVO cooler recommending an EVO to people, and we all see a LOT of that. Who doesn't know of the EVO 212, for example? I just happen to be someone who can vouch for the SR2. It's an incredible $40 cooler. Again, not fanboyism. It's referring. I will never recommend a product I have not used unless a lot of experts like JayZ, Linus, etc all agree it's good and if I have personal, positive experience with something, I will always recommend that first. It's the same reason I always suggest considering an AMD CPU solution (yes, I have owned both Intel and AMD, that, again, is not fanboyism)

EDIT: I have never and will never claim that Be Quiet!'s products are perfect. No product is.

It's proven to be the best "bang for your buck" cooler for lower budgets at the moment through bench marking.
Just because you own it, and get x temps, on x processor doesn't mean it's the best thing available.

^If you're giving a commendation based upon ownership of said item, I'd have worded this differently.

It's proven to be the best "bang for your buck" cooler for lower budgets at the moment through bench marking.
Just because you own it, and get x temps, on x processor doesn't mean it's the best thing available.

If you're giving a commendation based upon ownership of said item, I'd have worded it differently.

That is not to say it's the only budget option. The SR2 is more expensive, and as I look now I see considerably more (I just price checked and Newegg is selling for $49. I got mine for $40 if I remember correctly, as it was less than 50 including shipping, so that's my fault for not re-price checking the current market before advising it for a budget build, absolutely). But if you can get considerably more performance from something that's not much more expensive, then maybe you should. Not saying that's the case here, just saying. On both Intel and AMD chips I've seen Be Quiet! products do well, so x this and that is negligible.

And yes, I should have worded that differently. I thought I had included that but obvious that was elsewhere (doh!). Either way, it's a recommendation. You're put off by me advocating a specific brand in the face of other possibilities. Now you know how I feel around people that won't even consider using an AMD CPU. I'm tired and don't want to argue with you. Just accept that I am impressed by an upcoming brand as I have to accept that there are tried and true standards. The entire point of these forums is to have multiple voices.