First Time Build Gaming/Engineering

Building my first computer which will be used for gaming mostly, some video editing in After Effects, and some school engineering work done on cad programs like Catia. Not sure whether to go with the AMD FX-8350 or an Intel i5-4670k or i7-4770k. Is there much more of a performance gain with the haswell chips or the haswell motherboards? Also, I'd like your opinion on the graphics card. Is the gtx 760 better for the money over the amd 7950 or the gtx 660 ti? I am looking for a decent gaming monitor, a wireless card, and a decent inexpensive sound card as well. I don't know too much about most parts, like cuda cores or all the components in a motherbaord, so any advice is greatly appreciated. My build is below and there is a huge psu because I might sli in the future.

• Budget. How much are you willing to spend?                                                                                              ...Up to $1100, I'd like to spend less if possible
  • Where do you live (what country),  and what currency do you use?                                                ...USA/USD $
  • Do you need or already have peripherals? (this can add to costs)                                                              ...Looking for a monitor for gaming
  • What will you be using your future computer for? Gaming? Rendering? Mix of both? Or is this a home media PC?                                                                                                                                              ...Looking to mostly game and do some work in After Effects and in cad programs like Catia and SolidWorks
  • Do you overclock or want to get into overclocking?                                                                                        ...I have never overclocked but I plan on giving it a shot

If you Game-

• What kind of settings do you like or what FPS do you want to play at?                                                      ...I'd like to play max settings at 1080p hopefully around 60fps
  • What resolution will you be playing at? //or would like to play at.                                                         ...1080p
  • What kind of games do you like to play?                                                                                                        ...I like all types of games including shooters, rpgs, indie games, and fighters
  • What specific game will you be playing (if applicable)                                                                                    ...Battlefield 3 and 4, Fallout, Skyrim, Metro 2033, Dead Space, Team Fortress 2

If you Render or Edit things-

• What application do you use to render? (very important)                                                                       ...Adobe After Effects
  • Do you render movies or photshop pictures                                                                                                    ...I use photoshop

If you don't have peripherals -

• What kind of keyboard do you prefer? Mechanical, scissor, membrane, etc.                                                   ...Looking for a nice/well priced mechanical keyboard
  • What size monitor are you looking for, and what resolution? Screen type (IPS, S-IPS, TN, etc.), hertz (60, 120, etc.)                                                                                                                                                          ...Don't know too much about monitors or what any of the different styles are good for, but I'm looking for 1080p with a quick refresh rate 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1sx4k

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1sx4k/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1sx4k/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight II SD1283 Night Hawk Edition 89.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($178.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($60.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($90.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($82.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($259.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Phantom (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($87.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1071.89
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-16 02:21 EDT-0400)

I dont see any thing wrong with the build you made I would reccomend a different psu I have the 650 watt version and its good but loud I had to replace the fan in it because of the ridiculous fan curve they have on it.  Get like a rosewill capstone 650 or seasonic g550.  http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vn247hp very low response time that many asus moniters have you can also look at ben q.  http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-keyboard-rk9000br  One of the best bang for the buck keyboards its a filco majestic basicly thats rebranded and is top notch for the price they come in reds, blacks, blues, and browns switch type I like browns the best then blacks.  Most people like browns the most though.

I personally have FX 8350 oc d to 4,6 ghz and I love it! It is watercooled and with the most silent settings I can run bf3 for 2 hours and max temperature is 64 celcius. New haswell processors are basically like ivy bridge ones but they are running hotter. If u have budget and need for i7, then get it, but it wont bring u bang for ur buck as much as 8350 will. Personally I prefer newest hardware so I would get gtx 700 series card. I spent 1300 euros to my computer. There is not a big difference between 120 hz and 60 hz.