First Time Build... Any Good?

Right, so i'm about to order the new components for my new PC. It's the first PC i've ever built, and I was wondering what you guys think of my selection of parts.

CPU: Intel i5 3570K

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce GT630

Hard Drive: Seagate 1TB

RAM: Corsair 2x8GB

First of all - What is your BUDGET? That is key.

Second, when EXACTLY can you purchase parts? Unless you're SERIOUS about buying in the next week or days it's not worth nailing down SPECIFIC parts as prices change so often.

Without those two pieces of information the quality of your build can't really be determined. 

Sorry, i have around a £600/£700 budget, which is quite small, around $1000 really, and i think i'm gonna be buying the components around Christmas, sorry i didnt mean to write 'about to order', but i don't expect the fluctuating prices will be that much of a game changer for me

What exactly do you plan on doing with this computer?

Light to medium gaming, general use, like internet surfing and maybe a small bit of video editing and recording with a screen capture software.

If it's light to medium gaming,you might be able to save a few quid by switching to a non-OC CPU-the non K versions and get a H77 based motherboard.

You also mention that screen capture and editing are a small portion.I don't know if it is worth getting 16gb of ram given your needs.

So you're saying it's too good for what i need? I wanted to overpower it because I may well change my mind and want to start playing more power sapping games. I'm just saying it's better for me to have extra allowance for more extensive games, and i may even consider overclocking for the future. The games i want to play are things such as Minecraft with recording, maybe some simulators, then League of Legends, and then maybe a sports based game from time to time, such as an NFL or FIFA Soccer. 

Urm,it's always good to provision for future needs but your GPU might not be powerful enough later on.Also depends on the settings you want to play at.

It is wiser to invest in a better system now if your budget allows for it.

I plan on buying a new GPU if i overclock, and maybe i would then buy more RAM, but this is probably unnecessary. Would you make any changes to the current rig for what i want at the moment and in the future, except a new GPU, the GPU is 2GB.

8gb of ram is sufficient for gaming now. You wouldn't be needing 16gb right of the bat.

Are you able to get the asrock z77 extreme4? That's a capable board for gaming.Switch to it if it is cheaper than the asus.

Get a quality PSU from seasonic,antec,xfx or corsair(not the CX line). 500W should suffice but you can get a higher wattage PSU if you want the headroom

I can't seem to find an Asrock motherboard, they seem to be discontinued, I would like an ASUS anyway because i know they are good quality. I was banking on getting a case and 500W PSU combo.

That's a shame.The extreme4 is one of the best selling z77 boards for the general gaming community. Its still available on newegg,if you're in the US.

I would suggest you get a separate PSU. Unless you know the bundled one is any good,it's almost always junk.Never cheap out on the PSU.It powers everything in your system. You run the risk of crap PSUs ruining your entire system

I'm in the UK, so alot of the suppliers have stopped stocking them for some reason. I need to re-think because because of money limitations, but i thought it would be a good deal if i had a Case and PSU bundle, plus the case is quite nice and relatively cheap.

I'm not saying that you can't get the case you want,just try not to use the PSU that comes with it.

Have you tried amazon UK?They might still have it.I have not checked it myself.

The GPU in the original build is far too bad for gaming, even light gaming.

Yep, seems as if they do sell the Asrock but it's more expensive than the ASUS. I'm going to do some research on some PSUs, although the bundle looks as if the PSU is top mounted instead of on the bottom, are all PSUs a standard size so a swap should be relatively easy? 

Yes, PSUs are to a standardised size, swapping it should be easy.

Which GPU would you recommend that's better than the GT630 2GB, that would be under around £90/£140?

A potato is better than a GT630 tbh....£700 can get you a very fast pc with a powerfull gpu cheaping out on things like a video card to get u needed ram and a expencive intell cpu you whont use dosent seam rigth.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/27JHZ

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor (£112.79 @ Aria PC) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£23.98 @ Scan.co.uk)

Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£106.62 @ Amazon UK)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£59.99 @ Scan.co.uk)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£46.42 @ CCL Computers)

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card (£228.76 @ Dabs)

Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case (£58.98 @ Ebuyer)

Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£67.99 @ Dabs)

Total: £705.53

VS

I didn't want to go down the AMD route... I've had many PCs before with AMD and they just haven't been the same as intel. AMDs are cheaper and for good reason, i just find them worse. Any intel based options?