First time AMD build, wondering if the specs are good

So, I was wondering if these specs are good for gaming and recording for a build under 800 bucks. Note that I will not be overclocking. The specs are-

-AMD FX 4300, 3.8 GHz, 95 watts

-Corsair Vengeance LP CML16GX3M2A1600C10 16GB Memory Module Kit

-Cooler Master HAF-912 case

-GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3 AMD 970/SB950 AM3+ FX ATX Motherboard

-A dvd drive

-Win. 7 Pro 64 bit

-XFX Radeon HD 7850 Core Edition FX785AZNL4 Video Card

-Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive 

-Ultra LSP550 550-Watt Power Supply

The total is going to be around $775 so for that price, is this rig a good build?

the components are well balanced. but i have 3 gripes

Do you need 16GB of RAM? most people barely go over 5GB, I never go over 3.5G 

Get a better PSU, (the wattage is fine) I don't trust that one's quality. Here are a few brands i trust because they all use seasonic quality parts. Corsair, XFX, Seasonic, SilverStone & NZXT.

Maybe get another 7850 that's not XFX, if you plan on overclocking you won't be able to real well on an XFX card because they have a locked Core Voltage.

The extra money you save on the RAM (if you can't need it) can be used to get a stronger GPU such as a 7870, or a 7870XT

About the RAM, I will be running a minecraft server from time to time, so I would need it. Thanks for the advice on the power supply, I'll get an 80+ bronze certified one. Another thing is that I will not be overclocking at all for the CPU or GPU so I think that would be fine.

If you're not OC'ing, you'll be running a server, and you're upping you PSU. It looks good! the only thing i could recomend it, If you can scrap up some more cash the FX6300 is astep up from the 4300 because it has 2 more cores, and better overall performance. and If you don't care too much about powerconsumption the 6350 is practically the same price as the 6300.

This would be slightly better http://pcpartpicker.com/p/10CHT