First Threadripper Benchmarks

Linus Tech Tips gets first crack exclusive to Alienware Area 51

1 Like

It’s sad that the first official non-AMD reveal we get is from a prebuilt with a shady power-supply, an inefficient cooling solution, a very cheap motherboard (with only 4 DIMM slots too…), etc… I would’ve hoped they would let reviewers make their own builds.

4 Likes

Well that is Dell for yah. And who cares, we already know how threadripper runs as it’s just a bunch of ryzen cores.

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be good cooling option available. Only retrofit brackets for existing single die chip coolers.

1 Like

This isn’t from AMD, it’s from Dell. HotHardware ran a quick Cinebench R15 run and AMD spotted it and sent them a new CPU due to what they thought was likely issues in pre-production silicon. Looks like they were right, too, so I wouldn’t pay this video any heed, it’s just a revenue grab. I’d bet AMD isn’t very happy about this, but nothing they can do either.

1 Like

Tldr
3011 r15 score

1 Like

EK is rumoured to have a waterblock ready for launch. Not sure if it is an AIO or cpu block. I have preordered Threadripper but will wait for an EK Asus Zenith Extreme monoblock before installing.

Thread ripper users, particularly those with 1950X may find the results of the CPU affinity tests interesting