First PC Build!

Hey, i'm looking to build my first pc, for gaming, and wanted to check if these parts are compatible, advice for parts i haven't chosen yet, and if i could lower the price somehow without compromising too much on gaming performance / get a better gpu and lower other parts. 

Keep in mind I live in New Zealand and have to buy parts from here. 

Approximate Purchase Date: 4 weeks approx 

Budget Range: trying to get under NZD$1600-1700 

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming 

Are you buying a monitor: Yes 

Do you need to buy OS: Yes (Windows 7) 

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: PB Technologies 

Parts Preferences: , Intel cpu, dont mind between Nvidia and Amd gpu 

Overclocking: Most likely 

SLI or Crossfire: No 

Your Monitor Resolution: 1080p 

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Too get the superior pc gaming experience :p 

Parts i have chosen (Open to be changed) 

http://pcpartpicker.com/nz/p/pjUE

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $315.00 

Cpu Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $56.35 

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard $199.00 

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $85.00 

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $139.00 

Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk $159.00 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card $389.85

Case: Thermaltake VN900A1W2N (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $115.39 

Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer $35.42 

Monitor: Asus VE248H 24.0" Monitor $299.00

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) $151.38

Mouse: Razer Deathadder $80 +/- 

Keyboard: Unchosen 

Total $1944.39 

D: 

Is there anyway I can lower the price more without compromising gaming performance too much? 
I would not like to go below the 7870 in performance, and trying to get around 60fps on medium-high settings in games like BF3 :) 

Also, i will be playing games like BF3, Crysis 3, Borderlands 2, Elder scrolls MMO, and Path of Exile. 

Thanks for any help! :D

All these prices seem pretty high, where are you from/buying from ? because i know of a fewe places where all of this would cost around 1200-1400

I live in New Zealand, everything is waaay overpriced here :/  But i will be able to get most of these parts at cost price, so the total price should be a little lower

You could save money by:

Getting an FX-6300 instead of an i5. As your priority is games, this would do just fine and give you similar FPS in games. For the motherboard, the chipsets that support Vishera I currently know of are 970, 990FX and 990X. An Asus M5A97 R2.0 will do. As for other tasks, performance would be similar, except in really extensive tasks and opening up iTunes( which is horrible anyway IMO)

Also noticed you don't have a PSU. Get quality brands like SeaSonic, Antec, XFX or Corsair. I'd say you want at least 500W in this build.

I think you would'nt be needing an SSD, so if it's ok, just drop it. Also save $30 by buying a Caviar Blue drive or Seagate Barracuda instead.