First PC Build Advice?

So, far this is what I have. I have a budget of $800

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nTj2

I was wondering if there were any better Motherboard alternatives to the MSI 970A-G46 in the same 70$ - $130 price range. I just want to make sure it is the best choice for the build. 

Feel free to critique any other parts. Thanks. 

- jn. 

If you want front panel USB 3.0 connectors I would say go with this motherboard instead. As for the video card I would go with something that has an non reference design like this so you get better temps and less noise. You'll also get more headroom if you want to overclock.

Check out the $700 Canadian Build edition by Tek Syndicate.   http://teksyndicate.com/videos/build-best-700-pc-canadian-edition?page=0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C3%2C1

i3 beating that processor for gaming, but not video rendering. Plus you have the 1155 socket upgrade path. Here is my build it's around the same price. Putting it all together tomorrow.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/n8Xp

Better mobos: this, this or this.

For a few dollars more, I'd consider getting a 7870. It's faster, plus if you oc it, you'd be able to reach 670 and 7950 speeds.

You picked a way overpriced PSU. 550Ws and 80+ Plus Bronze and it's $90? Too overpriced. You could get a decent 750W-850W PSU with that money.

Oh, and I noticed your'e around $50 short from your budget. I'd put that money to buying a 7950( even though I said you could reach 7950 speeds with a 7870, you still have to oc it. Plus you can still oc a 7950 to get out of reach of a 7870, long as it has a decent cooling solution). To afford one, you may have to trim down that case to something like a HAF 912. Then you buy a non-overpriced PSU that is decent. Now you will probably be able to afford one.

If you don't want to change the case, fine by me. This build is already good, except for the mobo and PSU. And I'd want to consider switching the GFX card.

Hey, @carlosmann, @Cr8zyCanuck, @Z thanks for replying. I have taken each one of your advices and I've came up with a refined build.

If you care, you can check out the refined build: HERE

Again Thanks for replying,

- jn

everything is good except your ram is 3 sticks you sould them in pairs for dual channel 

Looks good, but switch that ram for a dual-channel one. 8GBs is really more than you need. And by switching the GFX card, I meant to the 7870 I suggested, not to another manufacturer. If you really dont want to switch( you should consider it, it really is faster), then the only thing you should change is the ram.

Oops, I didn't notice I picked the (3 x 4GB) @Z I'm going to take your advice and get the HIS Radeon 7870 GHz Edition instead of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660. I also changed the case to the Fractal Design Define R4. 

You can see the build HERE 

Thanks, 

-jn

Looks good. It's a great all-around build. Great deal on the 7870 BTW. Since you've got some money left, why not buy a PSU with more wattage? So if you ever wanna buy a more powerful card or decide to CrossFire, the option is already present. There are some good 750W-850W PSUs for around $70-$110.

Okay, I'll do that. And thanks for being so helpful.

- jn

whut upgrade path? the ivy bridge is the last for the 1155. next line is gonna be in a new socket