First Custom Build

That model looks pretty good, but does it come pre-overclocked? I know I'm gonna sound lazy or something when I say this, but I just never want to over clock I don't like the idea of my system getting too hot. The model that I chose is factory overclocked, I believe so I won't have to stress over that, I guess. 

Everything looks pretty good.

I have to agree that PSU is over kill, but I like to have room to expand, and that certianly provides it.

I suppose I could switch the H100 out with a NZXT Havik 140, right? According to Logan, it's just a few degrees cooler, and is really quiet.

Alos, I know there's really no way to tell this for sure, but do you think that motherboard would be compatible with next generation GPU's? Or would I have to upgrade if I wanted to stay up to date Graphics wise? I'm not really expecting a straight on answer, like I said, just what you think.

Thanks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $199.99

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $101.00

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB ATX LGA1155 Motherboard   $199.99

Memory: Patriot Viper 3 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory   $94.93

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive   $89.99

Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk $99.99

Video Card: PowerColor PCS+ AX7970 3GBD5-2DHPPV (CrossFire) $399.99

PowerColor PCS+ AX7970 3GBD5-2DHPPV (CrossFire) $399.99

Case: NZXT Phantom (White or Black) ATX Full Tower Case   $119.99

Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V   $79.99

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer   $17.89

Total:    $1803.74

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/uaEP

Yeah, that's close to what I was planning on having eventually, after an upgrade to add a second 680.

I think a couple of really good fans will be quieter than the H100 because of the pump. (but I dont know for sure..)

If the new generation of graphicscards use PCI-e gen 4 then I VERY VERY VERY much doubt they wont be backwards compatible with gen 3 (or 1 and 2 for that matter..)

Alright, does anybody know of a motherboard that is capable of holding two GTX 680 DirectCU II Top's in SLI? That is, if it physically can hold two of them side by side, just to clarify. The motherboard that I have on the Original Post is capable, I believe, however I would like to know if there is a cheaper motherboard on the market that is able to do this. Thanks

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/uALS

This is my thoughts. This mobo could hold two GTX680 top cards. I wouldnt bother, I would get one 4GB card, will play titles at max for probably close to the next year. The TOP cards are OC specials, with cherrypicked chips. Unless you plan on OCing them they are not worth the cash.

This cooler gets amazing temps, has a good mounting bracket and is quiet when not under extreme loads. If you wish the H100 will also fit in the case I picked. The case comes in white or black, and was real pleasure to work in, also comes with a ton of fans out of the box.

From what I was told the TOP cards are factory overclocked right out of the box. And also, I was looking at that same board but I thought it would be too small for these GPU's are you sure? Thanks

They are overclocked, but not past what any card can do. Just get a 4GB SC EVGA card and it has the same OC for the same money, but with more VRAM. The TOP cards are OC champs, with cherry picked chips. Just to use, you will be wasting your money. More VRAM will be used then clock speed with expensive cards like that.