First Build Virtualization with some of everything

Do you have any recommendations for software on Fedora to install to do a stress test to see what full speed fans sound like?

Turn up the fans to 11 in the BIOS?

Or maybe prime 95

Not sure, as I don’t usually benchmark.

I have completed the build all that’s left is to get the operating system set up. I forgot if I wanted to use Fedora KDE Spin or Silverblue
+

2 Likes

virt-manager Virtual Machine Manager right?

Yes. Also, don’t use Silverblue just yet, I don’t think it’s ready for prime-time.

Do you recommend manually uninstalling KDE apps that one isn’t interested in or should I maybe learn how to uninstall all of KDE and then reinstall it I’m guessing it’s easier to just go into discover and uninstall a bunch of stuff rather than risking nuking my desktop just to clean up and not have KMines and some random other stuff installed.

I missed this reply. You can just remove the software you don’t want, it’s fine. The package manager will take care of the cleanup. If you plan on doing a minimalist distro, you can install a minimal (like server or selecting no predefined workflow) and just installing the basics, but desktop distros do come with some power / battery optimizations that you’d have to install manually if going minimal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.