First build - Thoughts?

As the title suggests, this is my first build, and I need a little bit of help. Been researching this for the better part of a year, and I'm stuck going back and forth between a few parts and need some input. 

I've already budged and bought an ASUS Z87-Pro motherboard and a Corsair AX760i ps(i know it might be somewhat overkill). 

I'm wanting to build something that's "future resistant" or "future proof" which ever term is more accurate.

The parts I plan on buying are:

Case: Corsair Carbide 330R

CPU: i5-4670K or i7-4770K (cant't decide which is all around better beside the obvious)

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9

GPU: EVGA GTX 770 4GB Classified 04G-P4-3778-KR or a 780

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S

I already have a SSD and HDD for OS and general storage. Also have a razer mouse and keyboard. 

I know it all comes down to my decision in the end, I'm just wanting some advice on what will be best for handling future games and anything I do with it in the future.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Gaming, editing, cad?

Mostly gaming, but eventually editing and programming. I know it's very broad, but I want it to be able to handle just about anything. 

I7s are only good if you are taking advantage of of programs that use hyper threading.

http://www.overclock.net/t/671977/hyperthreading-in-games

If this will be (mostly gaming) then you won't need the I7.

For the GPU move the money from not getting an I7 to the 780.