First build suggestions?

what would be a good graphics card on this pc? any other ideas are appreciated as well!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Xzxn

What's your budget?
[br]Right off the bat, I'd say a 7870. If your budget permits it... Very good middle-tier card

sorry i forgot to mention. probably $700-$800 max

Ok, well the 7870 is within your budget. The other suggestion I would make: increase your PSU to 550watts. Make sure it is a decent brand and certified for at least bronze efficiency. I believe there is a suitable XFX brand PSU at a similar price point to the one you have listed. You will need the 550W supply for the graphics card. This system is only just short of higher tier gaming. Be sure to upgrade your processor to any AM3+ CPU in the future, like the 8350. Then you can include a 7950 when your budget permits. Then that would be a rig that could handle any game at 1080p really really really well

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XzGf

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Amazon) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($109.98 @ Outlet PC)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($69.99 @ Best Buy)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.98 @ Outlet PC)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB Video Card ($168.98 @ Newegg)

Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: Rosewill Green 530W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($47.99 @ Amazon)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)

Total: $756.87(after rebates) $787.88 (before rebates)

I will disagree with a few things

If you're not going to OC the stock cooler is just fine for the 6300.

you don't need a 990x chipset for a single gpu build. there isn't much point to it. (unless he's planning to CF/SLI later)

IMHO you've spent too much on the things stated above and missed a chance to put a kickass GPU in there (not doubting the ti boost, i'm just saying there are better things out there)

Why change the case on him?

That PSU is not very good at all. Terrible ripple, which could fry your componets. I would look at an Seasonic G 550, Rosewill Capstone 550-M, or Seasonic M12II 520.

1 the Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX is a crapy mobo and dosent has a usb 3 header (i have owned one crap vrm and nerfed bios i have one siting around the flat for rma)

2 the case is better and has better cable management

3 stock heat sinks by amd are crappy (thay expect you to buy your own) thay run @ 3500rpm!!! and thats just to loud

990FX was made for FX chips 970 chip sets mobos run in to component overheating  (+ it still gives upgradebilty to a xtra 650ti boost thats better than a 670! + its ready for newer more powerfull am3+ chips)

(you can swap out the psu for a corsiar for around the same cost after rebates i'd love to add a seasonic or antec to the mix but there out of buget ---- antec make seasonic)

thank you for providing X, Y, & Z. <3

NOTE: the mobo you linked was not a 990FX chipset. it was the 990X, there is a difference. & i personally don't think the 970 chipset will bottle neck a 6300 when paired with a mid ranged GPU.

Also - not everyone NEEDS USB 3.0 it's nice to have but i only use it once a week. if that

he picked out a case with usb3 there for a new case or mobo is needed :P and yes its 990X better than 970 and at the cost a rock solid mobo 

just give himm this cheaper version of the EVO 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131873

+1

becase its the same money and is lower chip set and lower vrm (4+2 970chip.....evo is 6+2 990x) why pay the same for less?

>chipset is irrelivent, unless circumstances permit

>unless OP is OC'ing, power phase is also irrelevent

could get the extreme 4 & throw the money @ the gpu since GAMING IS GPU BASED. THE CPU+MOBO WILL NOT BOTTLENECK IT. (in this scenerio)

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg[/img]

shure you can add low cost crapy parts to the mix and add a faster gpu to the mix (thats a extra $50+ on the gpu to get better performance than the 650ti boost)

The orginal chip picked was a fx 4100 (phenom was much better) if i have to argue about haveing better parts and a well balanced sistem for $600-650 (100 droped off for windows) in a forum about computer suggestions i will have to kill my self O_O 

Why not add a 760 mobo a phenom and a 7950? ................................................

Cooperman, I think you've missed the point. you're starting to argue about the CPU.

You not are sacrificing performing performance be getting a cheaper mobo since technecally the gpu is still the bottleneck.

the extreme 4 is not sacrificing quality. Where do you get that notion? everywhere i've gone i've seen better than decent reviews on it and i've seen other people recomend it.

If you think a phenom will perform better (nevermind the mulitple disadvantages) go ahead and recomend it.

now we are argueing about a mobo again? i asume your onabout the ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX? as its cheaper by $20!(with a tearable 4+1 vrm that is well known for overheating components AT STOCK! with FX chips) 

since the better ASRock 990FX Extreme4 is $140

I did not once start to argue between cpus so i did not change it the topic, and yes that is the board.

>Let me remind you that OP has yet to confirm/deny OC'ing and yes, the extreme 4's power phase sucks for OC'ing but is completely fine @ stock.

>if OP wants to OC i will back away from the extreme 4 and recomend comething with a better Power phase. But as it sits buying a non-OC mobo will allow more money to be thrown @ the gpu (thus better fps in games) instead of on the board and cooler required for a decent OC

I've taken the time to confirm that reviews on Amazon, & Newegg, neither have mentioned anything about overheating. So what if one overheated, probably missapplied thermal paste/pads can be reapplied pretty easy. Please elaborate on why it will overheat and why it is well known for it when the reviews supporting that notion are lacking.

I think its time for your bed ive allread seen you argue the toss with brennanriddell over balls allready tonight  ( i actualy respect he's opinions for parts becase he is 99% of the time rigth)

I build computer sistems day in day out there are not meny parts i haven't used the extreme 4 (970) is a crap mobo with problems with FX chips (its ok with phenom chips) 

i consider this matter closed i will not argue the toss with you  all night,if you have a suggestion on a build then by all means share it.

EXCUSE ME!? If you have to involve outside opinions including ones sleep schedule and interactions with other users in other threads, you've lost the arguement.

I build computer sistems day in day out there are not meny parts i haven't used the extreme 4 (970) is a crap mobo with problems with FX chips

I'm not going to Rip on your grammar and sentence structure, as i don't know if you live outside the U.S. or if english isn't your native lang. Do you care to restate that?

> I am trying to make the point to OP that pardon OCing abilitys it is well worth it to buy a the extreme 4 and save some money and throw it @ a better GPU vs. a lesser gpu caused by a more expensive mobo.