This will be my first build -- a music production system on a budget.
CPU-intensive, but not at the level of a full-blown gaming system. Graphics not important.
- CPU: AMD FX-6100 Six Core (Going with AMD to save $$)
- Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 AMD 9 Series Motherboard - ATX
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x 4GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz
- Drives (2): WD Blue 500GB Desktop Hard Drive - 3.5", SATA 6Gb/s, 7200RPM, 16MB Cache
I'm mostly concerned about attaching the motherboard, CPU cooling fan, and power supply in the case. Have been reading that this is tricky if the components don't match up perfectly (power cables too short, CPU fan too large).
Can anyone recommend the following components with (2) things in mind:
1. Install-friendly (no need to trim, cut, fix things)
2. Quiet -- not necessarily 100% silent, but close would be good
- Power Supply
- CPU Fan
- Case Fans
These looked good:
- Cooler Master HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Mid-Tower Computer Case
- Thermaltake TR2-R1 / AMD Socket AM2/AM3/939/754 / Aluminum / 92mm Fan / CPU Cooler
- Thermaltake TR-500 TR2 ATX Power Supply - 500W, 120mm Fan, Active PFC
I really appreciate all the information at this site.