First boot will not power on

Hello my name is Aaron Brown and I just recently built my first gaming pc. I haven't been able to start up the system or power it on at all. I looked on online for answer, most said the CPU fan. I replaced the fan with a new one of the same model but still have the same problem.

My system specs are:

Motherboard:Gigabyte FM2 AMD A85X DDR3 1800 (Hudson D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS GA-F2A85X-D3H
CPU: AMD A6-6400K Richland 4.1GHz Socket FM2 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor AMD Radeon HD AD640KOKHLBOX
PSU:Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS (CX600)
GPU:ASUS HD7750-1GD5-V2 AMD Radeon HD 7750 VGA 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
RAM:Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

Can you describe what happens when the power button is pressed?

it powers on for like a half second then shut off and cannot power on unless i flick the power switch off then on again.

Can we get a bit more information about what's happening when you try to boot it?

Is it beeping at you?

Are fans spinning when you hit the power button/short the jumpers?

More information like that would help us give you a better answer, but let me just tell you some common trouble shooting tips.

1.) Make sure the power cord is plugged in. (I know this sounds stupid but you'd be amazed at how many times this is the issue.) Make sure it is firmly seated at both ends.

2.) Make sure all the power switches are turned on. There's one on your powersupply that should be set to I for power. If you're using a surge protector there's most likely another one on there. The outlet may also be controlled by a wall switch.

3.) Make sure the 24 pin power connector, supplementary CPU power connector, and the PCIe Power connector (if your graphics card requires one... which most modern ones do) are all firmly connected and latched. If you have a modular power supply, make sure to check both ends. Other connectors won't affect the boot.

4.) Reseat your RAM. By this i mean take it out of the slots and slot it back in. If your system powers on but gives a series of beeps, this is often the cause.

5.) Reseat your Graphics card if you have one.

6.) CAREFULLY reseat your CPU. Also, check it to make sure there are no bent pins (In AMDs case. For Intel the pins would be on the MOBO itself inside the socket)

7.) Test your memory one stick at a time. remove the first one, test, put it back in, take out 2nd one, test, put it back in etc. This will identify if you have a bad stick. Also, try removing them two at a time, and even three at a time if you have the patience, because you may have gotten a bad pair. 

8.) If that's not working test your power supply on any spare computer you have lying around. Plug in the main power, CPU, and GPU power cords if available and test it. If other system doesn't boot, then your power supply is faulty.

9.) If able, at this point you should also test the GPU, CPU, and RAM in another computer seperately and one at a time as well. Do your best to isolate each part and test it for being DOA.

10.) Fetal position and cry.

Could be a few things in that case, make sure your thermal paste is applied properly and the fan is seated all the way and functioning as that may be overheat protection kicking in.

Make sure your RAM and GPU are seated fully, take them out of the slot and reseat them.

Also, test a different power supply as the one you have may just be faulty. You can also try testing another outlet, the one your on might be faulty.

Oh... and check for bent pins underneath your CPU.

It sounds like there's too much power coming to your system so I'd say the most likely culprit is going to be the outlet, your PSU, or the Mobo. Bent pins are also a possibility.