First AMD Build [Budget]

This is a partlist I put together for a budget build.
I wanted to know if anyone had some suggestions, I specifically was questioning
the motherboard choice, I want to overclock and I wanted to make sure the part could
take it since I was having a hard time finding a board that didn't have some bad comments on
newegg. Anyway, here's the build so far thanks in advance for the help.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/pdgonzalez/saved/3o4b

First off.... the R9 280x isn't in stock...

The mobo is fine and I'd recommend that chipset for overclocking anyhow, regardless of whether you're putting a 6300 or 8320 in the CPU slot... however if you need to tighten the budget and are looking at the 970 chipsets... the Asus R2.0 version would be my choice, it'll shave a few bucks off and you won't have to flash the BIOS to get vishera to work...

I'm not saying you can't run 4x2GB memory but it just kind of makes sense to get 2x4GB for upgradability... might run an extra couple bucks, but it'll save you $70 if you ever need 16GB...

For the SSD, if you want to throw another $20 on it, you can get a Kingston SSDNow 120GB from Amazon...

Note that your PSU isn't modular... so you'll have a bunch of cables to stash... I'm not familiar with that case, so make sure you have a place to put it all... I'm a fan of quality built cases, and I exclusively look at Fractal Design, Corsair, Nanoxia, and BitFenix for mine... they're all rolled steel and good materials... 

I also don't have any experience with that CPU cooler... if you're confident in it, cool... if not... might want to spend the extra few dollars on a Cooler Master Hyper EVO or Enermax ETS-T40...

That about covers it... for prolly $80 more you could get a modular CPU, 120GB SSD, better CPU cooler, better case, and 2x4 RAM...

you can make up most of the $80 by buying a GTX 770 which performs just as well if not better in some games and is in stock (you're pulling a rabbit out of a hat finding a R9 280x in stock for less than $400)... blame the miners

Can anybody recommend a good AM3+ workstation build to start off with? I would be using this PC for light gaming, and I have a GPU I am going to use temporarily (I will upgrade in like 6 months but this one works for now). I do video editing, internet surfing, and some gaming. I would like to make this system a little CPU heavy to start, because I do plan to upgrade to like a 650TI later on, and I dont want the CPU to bottleneck. I would like at least 3 PCIe slots, and I need support for 32GB or higher of RAM. Can anybody recommend some parts to start with? I was thinking about an FX-8350, but I'm really undecided on the motherboard...

Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2yCMH

The motherboard and video card you chose are both out of stock.  

This Asus motherboard is well reviewed and should be able to handle overclocking on the 6300 without a hitch.  You could even upgrade to an 8320 or 8350 later on down the road and be able to overclock those as well.

The GTX770 is a good alternative to the 280x.  it should get you similar performance for around the same price since the 280x is out of stock almost everywhere because of the cryptocurrency craze.

I second the recommendation for a more well known and reviewed CPU cooler, so I chose the 212 Evo.

Do you already have a storage (mechanical) drive?  A 64GB SSD should hold your operating system and most of your programs, but you won't get much farther than that.

I changed out the case to an NZXT Source 210.  It's a well reviewed budget friendly case that has good airflow, cable management, and a cutout for your aftermarket cooler.

No reason for the 8350... it's an overclocked 8320... you can overclock it fine on an ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0... question though... why would you upgrade to a 650ti? That's a good bit back on the GPU scene ATM... I really would have a hard time recommending anything less than a R9 270 (7870) or GTX 660 regardless of budget... which I would recommend would depend on the software you use, however... 

I already have a mechanical hard drive so the ssd size is fine. I like this build, for the case though can you suggest somthing with usb3 on the front?

corsair 200r does

I'd have to say I agree with the source 210. It seems like a cheaper version of the define R4, and I think you can get one with USB3 on the front... Also for RAM I have to say I'm impressed with the price-performance ratio of my Crucial Ballistix Tactical, but I'm no expert, that's just my opinion.

This thread is over a month old, OP has probably build his system allready.

So i lock this thread for now, if op wants it to get reopened, he can contact me.

Grtz Angel ☺