Firefox YouTube Fullscreen Bug

Hello to all, I would like to address a strange issue I’ve been having with Firefox. Recently, when I go full-screen on YouTube, about 15% of the image is cut off and I can’t see the full video, as in the screenshot below.

It’s either a white or black bar on the top. This has been happening with the last updates (version 66, 67), I don’t think I’m the only one with this issue, because it happens on Linux and also on Windows. When I go full-screen on Chrome it’s fine though. This only happens with YouTube.

Any suggestions/fixes? Does this happen to anyone else?

Or…could this be Google forcing us to use Chrome? :eyes:

no full-screen issues here with FF 67 on Kubuntu 18.04 LTS. No issues with Chromium/Chrome either.

Forgot to mention, I’m using Linux Mint 19.1 and also whatever latest update Windows 10 micro$hit forced me to install.

Cookie.

If you block cookies, it can be such an effect. I had exactly the same thing. youtube wants to accept their policies and adblockers are hiding and sometimes it looks like this at full screen. In my case, I have been able to unlock and accept this communication once and re-enable blocking.

2 Likes

Getting the same thing here (FF 66.0.5 on Win7). I have zero intention of unblocking YouTube’s cookies and accepting their 387 page BS EULA, so it looks like I’ll be stuck with it.

Guess I’m just going to download YT vids and play them in VLC from now on. Gives them less info about what I actually watched and how long or how often I watched it anyway.

I’m using the latest firefox versions and I have zero issues. Try using HW acceleration? If that doesn’t work use firefox nightly and enable WebRender in about:config. Does that fix it?

If you prefer such a style… :wink:
Personally, I’m not that radical. I can accept it. I do not watch ads anyway because ublock will always be on.
Generally, I just did a quick test and once it works once it does not work when it’s blocked. Lottery! For the peace of mind, it’s best to accept or go in your direction. :wink:

1 Like

Holy crap! Mystery solved. Geez, YouTube (Google) really does get worse every day…