Firefox recovering browsing sessions, WTF?!

Never in my life did i think i would need to start a thread about something like this. And i sure as hell wouldn’t if it didn’t turn into a problem… but, it did. Shockingly. It did.

SOMEHOW - and i have no idea why… out of the blue, Firefox decides it should be common practice to save my browsing sessions/tabs. Whenever i open a new tab or launch Firefox to browse again, it shows me what i had previously open. Nothing in options seems to change this.

“Show windows and sessions from last time” is in the options. But i have it set to Show Home Page. It refuses to go away. And the weird thing is… i use CCleaner.

No Firefox update that i know of, either. Only one Shortly AFTER this problem started. I can’t even open up a new tab with my Home page without it showing me what i was just looking at. Damn, it’s irritating.

1 Like

Never remember browsing history ? It has become a pain when it defaults settings when updating to new versions.

options/privacy/never remember history

Sounds like a bug, go into your privacy settings and wipe web cache and cookies, see if that helps.

If that doesn’t fix it. You’ll have to look around about:config (try searching for sessionstore or restore), see if some of the settings won’t fix it.

Otherwise you’ll have to backup your bookmarks and whatever else and do a fresh reinstall.

Isn’t this an old thing? I pretty sure that most browser have implemented this aeons ago.

Hey, what browser version and what add-ons do you browse with

Since I had a similar issue, I might be able to help you. Ok, my firefox actually crashed frequently and therefore the restore-page was kind of justified. But it always crashed after closing, so I wouldn’t even have noticed, if it wasn’t for the crash-reporter and restore-page.

The solution, for me, was to create a new profile. You can try, if it helps in your case by going to the profile under
C:\Users\<your_user>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
and just move it to the desktop. If it works fine then, you know where to look. But honestly, I would simply use the new profile.

My Firefox do that on Android, but never on Windows.

ff