Return to Level1Techs.com

Fios Quantum Gateway Security Issue

security

Fios users

5. If your router's firmware is version 02.02.00.13 or later, then your router is no longer affected by these vulnerabilities.

1 Like

These devices are only used by verizon customers, verizon pushed a fix to everybody before the vulnerability was publicly disclosed, and it was only exploitable by users on your LAN anyway.

So not like, a four alarm fire.

1 Like

It pisses me off they have so much control over a box I own.

0 Likes

You don’t though.

1 Like

No I do, I paid money to not rent one. When I cancel my service I will still have it.

0 Likes

wait the options are a buyout and a rent ? Damn In Bulgaria is either use theirs and return when end of contract or use yours and the price is the same.

0 Likes

Yeah they will rent you monthly a box or you can buy one, vzn has specific requirements hard core on what you have to have (aka basically you have to buy it from them)

0 Likes

Man that’s rough.

0 Likes

Now that i dont have anything but internet I should be able to go directly off the fiber node mounted to my house.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I do. No router, just a Gbe plug from the ONT.

You only need their router if you use their cable TV or aren’t technically sophisticated enough to want your own router.

2 Likes

Fucking winning.

0 Likes

Yeah its on the list, would need to punch a hole in my wall and set up my comm closet first.

0 Likes