Finding it hard to play an evil character in Skyrim

the combat of vanilla mirrowind killed the game for me but the lore and story and game play had me playing it more and more.

@looming-hawk Two solution to that: Use Apoapse’s Attack mod and/or play as a spellcaster.

Spells and enchantments get retarded in Morrowind. I crafted a ring that did like 30-55 dmg with fire AND cold AND lightning, meaning it’s maximum damage was 165 in one hit, enough to 1 shot all common enemies. It’s like you said; Morrowind’s immersive lore and atmosphere is what keeps you playing. The best way to approach combat is to turn yourself into a demigod like i did.

I will give it a shot. Thanks for the mods. I bought the game just because morroblivion etc but the only old content really out is Beyond bruma. which I recommend.

When morrorwind came out I was eyeballs deep in Everquest and missed every other game. Cause addiction :slight_smile:

@Marten I’m not much of a fan of the Morrowblivion/Skywind stuff. I mean, I might play Skywind when it’s finally done. But, in general, I find the idea of trying to repackage an entire game just to make it a modern clone of a sequal… ehhhh…

Like was said before, it’s not the combat that makes you play Morrowind. I’m curious about Skywind, but… well, I’ll leave you with this video. It’s a long bit, but it just came to mind from memory and I find the narrator to be pleasant to listen to. Thought you might enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf0jiOpD-AQ

I tried playing Morrowind for some time, but that up/down, up/down weapon swinging for combat was hilariously bad. I’m hoping Skywind comes out some time this decade. I just couldn’t get into it. Games like that deserve a remaster. NEED*.

Just thinking about that: There’s an entire Bethesda game. And ENTIRE Elder Scrolls game that I haven’t played…

Mind = Blown.

It’s just like Vampires the Masquerade. Tried playing it, but was like: errrr… uggggghhhh… NNnnno. No character customization/creation. The OLD old-school style RPG leveling and what not was just far too obsolete. Take a look at how streamlined, simple, yet fun Skyrim made skilling up. Or Fallout 4.

And on THAT note. Finally, after almost 400 hours in Fallout 4, I got around to starting Nuka World. Hilarious how that DLC seems to favour evil characters. Just too funny. When here we’re complaining about the opposite.

My character on Skyrim is a stealth class, although I did not raise any of the pickpocketing perks as I levelled up because they just didn’t seem… needed. I read your story and it made me pity these people. I had no idea that living directly across from my manor in Solitude were these poor souls. I grabbed all of the food from my home; even got my wife to give me her home made pie. I crept into their home, while they were out and placed venison on their table and cheese, sweetroll, apples and boiled creme treats in their drawers. As I was doing this, I did not notice the woman stood RIGHT behind me. Apparently, I was unspotted, which isn’t a surprise since my character can apparently remain hidden in plain sight due to my ridiculous sneak skill. I pickpocketed her and placed a diamond ring into her inventory… Her: “THIEF!!!” Me: “WHAT!?” Guard: “STOP RIGHT THERE!” Me: “FUS RO DAH!!!” I hid the bodies in a place upstairs so that when the child and father came home, they’d enjoy a meal before discovering the massacre. I truly am sorry.

2 Likes

Lmfao that’s how you RPG my friends.

I would often inner monologue my characters in the SoulsBorne games.

The only “evil” I have found that you can do is an assassin for the Dark Brotherhood and still get away with it. The Werewolf is slightly easier, as you can somewhat hide the Werewolf. Just don’t change while townsfolk are around as they will recognize you later on. I haven’t found away yet to hide the vampire.
As for modding…play about 300 or so hours before you do that. I think seeing the old game for a long time and then modding. For me it made the game more enjoyable because you know what you’ve changed and you can appreciate how much more beautiful it can be.

That’s nice…
Now after they eat a huge meal, they can go upstairs and throw it all up after the discovery. I’ve always left ALL the poor bastards of Skyrim alone unless they have a quest.
That’s funny :slight_smile: