Finding a new forum?

The rolling stock industry should retain you as a Marketing Maestro…

I would post more, but I work overnight. So when I’m on, everyone is asleep. D:

2 Likes

Yeah I have that problem. Work thill 10, write that post, gotta wait.

1 Like

Recently, I’ve been taking a focus on my health more. Gained too much weight and unhealthy habits. Working overnight really fucks with me. I hit the gym after work now, and then when I get home I’m too tired I fall right asleep.

1 Like

Working on a farm will be better than a gym. I recommend finding one somewhere that needs help moving hay. That’ll all start gettingd cut baled and sold soon, its a more intense workout.

As for health, just drink water. I’m cutting soda completely and I have already lost a noticeable amound of weight in a month or 2.

:clap:

I already don’t drink soda; my vice is craft beer. And I work as a computer operator, so I sit down mostly for 10 hours a day.

1 Like

We get notifications when people respond to things. Post anyway. Don’t expect that instant gratification.

I post things all over the place all the time, and it doesn’t get a response for days. then it’s a flood gate.

@FaunCB We’ve gotten used to real time responses. Make the post for the sake of the post, not for the response.

Hell, even on here, I used to post something in response to a HIGHLY active thread, and it would dead stop. For no other reason than I showed up right as everyone was signing off for the day.

7 Likes

How I envision the above statement

“alright guys I’m here!”

“…”

“The fuck everybody go, this is just like college.”

Yup. I’m spoiled.

3 Likes

Exactly.

Do they answer questions about washers/dryers and other appliances?

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to get more active on this forum because I generally like the culture here.

It was definitely nice when it was more active, but at the same time, it’s not dead!

1 Like

Agree. Unfortunately, my life doesn’t afford much time on the forums these days. Hopefully one day I can get back to posting some projects!

Speaking of projects . . .

Post em! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice haiku!

I can’t agree more. I remember in the mid 00’s I was more or less satisfied if I got a response within 48 hours on a tech forum. Now if I don’t get a reply within a couple hours, I start to think I’ve said something incredibly dumb. That’s usually not the case, but we’re conditioned for that instant gratification.

people need to remember that time-zones are a bitch, life gets in the way and the internet comes after pretty much everything else.

EDIT: I should probably add that while we didn’t reply in the past unless we could answer the question. Now, we comment just because we care or are interested in the outcome. The forums seem to have morphed from a more professional environment to an actual community, which, I think, is a net-benefit, but we need to remember to maintain a life-forum balance.

4 Likes

Stealing this.

3 Likes

Feel free.

Even just the read numbers. Posnt a review, 20-25 views and it dissappears to the ether.

Kinda annoying.

not to be the guy who nobody cares about leaving loudly trumpeting his leaving, but i’ve said before that I will abandon this site if politics is brought back on the forums. Sorry, it was absolute cancer, and I don’t think we would at all benefit from whatever increased activity it would bring. The AMD circlejerk threads and Windows/Intel/Nvidia bashfests got lots of replies and activity, but were absolutely wretched.

2 Likes

I’d be sad to see you go, but I think you’d get along just fine if we require you to be logged in to see it. just mute the category in your profile settings and if you have to be logged in to see it, it won’t be indexed.

You won’t even know it’s there.

I mean, I’d still be here, theres just not enough activity.

Maybe in a few months it’ll pick up again.

This month is tough. Lots of people are prepping for finals and taking AP tests. Anyone who’s a student most likely has their head down for the next few weeks.

You’ll see it pick up in late-June.