Find me an ultrabook

I ma looking for a non gaming laptop, more specifically an ultra book.

I am looking to spend about £1000-£1300 GBP

Requirements

• Screen minimum of Full HD, 1440p/WQHD preferable
  • Screen of good brightness and at least 95-97% SRGB and 85% ARGB
  • 9+ hours battery
  • Minimal aesthetics and good build quality throughout
  • USB C and 3.0 other ports are bonus - USB C charging would be great.
  • I5 and 128-256gb SSD/NVME mass storage not essential

I love the razer stealth gun metal edition but it is definely at the top of my budget. I did nearly buy the MS Laptop but the fabric and lack of USB stopped me…

The Asus Zenbooks look perfect, but the blue and gold aint for me…

Maybe look for a XPS 13. The XPS 13 3970 would be a good candidate and check all your cases.

1 Like

Dell XPS 13 would get my vote too.

I did a lot of shopping around in January and considered a few options but always came back to it.
Been using it as my daily driver since then and it has performed flawlessly.
The battery life and overall quality finish are top notch in this robots opinion.

1 Like

WOH $1400 USD on a non-gaming laptop? And here I am sitting on a Acer Chromebook 14 Edgar with 128GB Samsung Fit expansion for $230 running GalliumOS/KDE. It does look like you are looking for way more kick. What are you going to be using the laptop for (virtualization/video editing)?

1 Like

Photo editing, light video editing. Roaming camera remote, some graphic design

1 Like

I’d personally recommend the Acer Swift Series then as a direct competitor to the DELL XPS. The only drawback to those laptops is the RAM isn’t upgradable and you are stuck with only 8GB which might not be enough for your purpose.

Edit: Nevermind the screens don’t quite hit the color accuracy that you are looking for 90%SRGB and 66%ARGB.

2 Likes

sorry no fruit based nonsense

1 Like

Might I ask why? Seems perfect for your use and ticks all your requirements.

2 Likes

Just my inconsolable hatred to apple xD

Another vote for the XPS 13. I have the 9350 and it’s been quite solid after some bugfixes by dell.

QHD+ screen does gobble up a lot of battery compared to FHD though.

2 Likes

$1400 on lenovo’s website with “deals”
$100 for 16gb of ram.
wait until the holidays for a better deal
like what I did here

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/the-unofficial-black-friday-cyber-monday-thread-starting-early/109822/30?u=bedhedd

1 Like

that would be unreasonable bias. :smiley:

I’m sure he’ll enjoy his up-nostril cam :smiley:

I have a dell xps 13 and 15 both are great…I’d suggest a 15" screen if you’re doing much work on it IMHO