Finally, a Razer Blade worth buying?

Just received an e-mail from Razer about an upcoming 15.6" version of the Blade. Link

Looking at the website, I think it actually looks the perfect fit for me. 6-core i7, 1070 Max-Q, 16Gb RAM (upgrade-able to 32Gb finally!), 4k touch screen with 100% AdobeRGB colour space and small bezels at last.

I don’t game very often, although for a creative laptop this rivals the Gigabyte Aero 15X which was previously top of my list. Specs are identical although, I much prefer the look of the blade line-up with the MacBook style build.

Just wonder what the QC will be like on them…

too expensive in my opinion. way too expensive but i guess thats just laptops…

if you happen to buy one, get at least 2 years of warranty. Probably through your credit-provider.

Because you will need it!

Anecdotal evidence:
The last two gens kill their cpus after a while.
So, those are devices that won’t last that long and aren’t bulletproof reliable.

Whilst it isn’t the cheapest thing out there, it is not far off the price of the Aero 15X with similar specs which does make it an interesting option.

Razer warranty is the one thing that does scare me about the blade! I know Linus bought a lot and several of them had issues. The one-year warranty as standard is poor for the price - although Apple don’t give you any more unless you pay either and their support is shocking (just had a 2016 MBP keyboard replaced under Apple Care).

In the UK (not sure about EU) we do get a fit for purpose type warranty that covers devices for 5-7 years IIRC, that is regardless of what the manufacturer provides. Dealing with Razer however, I’m sure it would be a long drawn out process to get it.

I purchased the Blade Pro (w/1080) and after a month sold it on due to the keyboard being a silly layout and just the sheer heat that came off it when just idling.

I suppose part of me just wants this new version to be great but until some reviews come in with regards to thermals I won’t be sinking money into one.

Don’t know about this new generation of Razer Blade, but if you look at the Amazon reviews of the older Blade, lots of people complain/ed about hardware failures, and the slowness of the company to react.

I can’t speak for the reliability of their laptops, but am intrigued by their Core eGPU system, which should give longevity to the product, assuming the system lives long enough to need it?

Or you could buy the Asus ROG GL702ZC and not worry about anything ever again processor wise lol.

1 Like

Nice but nothing to make me switch from what I have.