Figured out my plan - Threadripper (non-Pro) motherboard with the most PCIe slots?

I’m looking to build another server to use for UnRAID in a Supermicro CSE-836 which will have a utility VM as well with a dedicated GPU and USB3 card.

I was looking to go Intel 10850K, however, it only has 16 PCI lanes. Ryzen isn’t a whole lot better at 24 lanes and given the fact that I can’t find a motherboard with more than 5 PCIe slots it won’t work either.

With AMD (no APU as their transcoding ability sucks) I will need:
1 - Zotac GT 7101GB #ZT-71304-20L (UnRAID GUI) - PCIe x1 Could be left out if the motherboard has IPMI
1 - NVidia P2000 GPU (Emby and other dockers in UnRAID) - PCIe x16
1 - NVidia 1050Ti (VM) - PCIe x16
1 - Mellanox ConnectX-3 card for 10Gb SFP+ - PCIe x8
1 - LSI 9211-8i HBA - PCIe x8
1 - USB3 4 port card (VM) - PCIe x1 Could possibly use the motherboard header and a back panel since the CSE-836 doesn’t have any USB3 ports

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I’m even open to Intel as long as it has at least 20 cores and they are 4Ghz or higher clock speeds.

ETA: Here’s my plan.

48 PCI lanes is enough for my uses. That MB also has Intel 10Gbe ports so I don’t need the ConnectX-3. It’ll be ~$1800 all in.

AsrockRack’s TRX40D8-2N2T does have ipmi and enough pcie slot (3x16, 1x8) for your need. Also, it has IPMI and support regular TR and has the form for a server case

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.