Fglrx broken after fu* update

Hello everyone! This is a little story about a surprises in ubuntu linux. Today as always i surfing in the internet, watched some videos, read some news and etc...Suddenly i decided "Hey, i didn't updated my ubuntu for a long time, let's update! " and i'm execute a command sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y . All the packages has been downloaded and installed, also was downloaded and installed a new kernel, when i decided to reboot my system to apply the updates. After reboot i seen my display turning on and turning off(2 sec periodicity), i can't to run a terminal, nothing is responding. When i booted from my usb livecd and start searching the internet to solve my problem it take a little time and i see an information about my problem https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fglrx-installer/+bug/1479913 but this bug is not solved yet and i'm sad about it.
Moral of the story: GOOGLE EVERY FU*ING PACKAGE, EVREY FU*ING LIBS BEFORE YOU FU*ING UPDATE, BECAUSE A PACKAGE IS NOT TESTING BEFORE PACKAGE PUSHED TO THE FU*ING RELEASE.
IF YOU HAVE A AMD(ATI) CARD, DO NOT UPDATE, THIS UPDATE SCREW YOUR LIVE.
I'm done.
Thanks for reading my cool story.

fglrx is the amd driver right? Have you reinstalled the driver?

fglrx-core 2:15.200-0ubuntu4.1: fglrx-core kernel module failed to build
[FATAL: modpost: GPL-incompatible module fglrx.ko uses GPL-only symbol
'pci_ignore_hotplug']

Rollback the kernel? Or see if there is a newer driver available that addresses that issue

thats ubuntu for you.

Many things i did and that didn't help me. No new drivers is available right now.

Thanks

why are you using fglrx over the open drivers?

1 Like

You cant use open drivers "over" the fglrx.

Let me rephrase that. Why arent you using the open drivers instead of the fglrx drivers?

Because with a OD you can't play games normally and you cant run a photoshop without bugs.

OD?

I assume you mean photoshop though a virtual machine? Have you tried the latest drivers? They support opengl 4.1 now.

wine works too...

OD - Open Drivers
I tried multiple ways, through a virtual machine, through wine i used the latest drivers and bugs was annoying..

With the exception of one or two games (for the moment) almost all my games work well with the open drivers. this is especially true with the latest update.