FermiOS: An OS development for Raspi 3

4 Likes

Okay it seems like for some reason on real hardware it frequently experiences misalignment?

Analysing right now, I think the tools are paying for themselves lol.

4 Likes

Dude, this is all far beyond me, but Iā€™m watching with intrigue.

This shit is amazing

2 Likes

same really lol, I just learn as I go :smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always been fascinated with kernel/OS development, but frankly, I am pulled in so many directions at work that I donā€™t have the time to focus.

jack of all trades, master of none sorta deal.

One of these days, Iā€™ll spend some time going through the kenelnewbies guides and get working on that stuff, but for now, Iā€™m happy with writing GTK applications in python. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How it looks like when itā€™s okay:

How it looks like when itā€™s broken:

So ehm, hereā€™s the thing. Since raspi doesnā€™t have no restart button what I do is unplug and plug the usb back inā€¦ In theory it shouldnā€™t affect it, but I guess in real life it fucks with it way too muchā€¦ :thinking:

Maybe I should add some command line type of thing to boot loader, so it restarts itself (not the actual pi for now, but maybe ( I think itā€™s done via the memory box request to the GPU))

Anyways, I think I will finish for today, gotta prepare for an exam tomorrow.

1 Like

I wanna do so much different stuff itā€™s very hard to focus on one. This thread exists so people can bug me about this and so I can focus on this project.

same here, tbh I donā€™t wanna specialize too much. Since I enjoy a lot of different stuff.

1 Like

Universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter

asynchronous
1 Like

yeah but the reads writes are blocking (at least on pi, coz I didnā€™t set it up in interrupt mode).

so when it waits for data, it just sits there. well if someone sends it shit it lands in the internal UART bufferā€¦ hmm

I need to think about this more

Maybe you looked into this already.

Looks like thereā€™s some goofyness with the hardware UART. Theres two uart ports and the gpio pins are shared with the BT module if applicable and the baud is tied to the clock speed.

Something to look into if you were unaware.

You choose where the GPIO pins are wired to with alternative functions, as for the baud rate, yes but itā€™s only for this UART. Thereā€™s other UART module that has itā€™s own clock. But I donā€™t think thatā€™s the issue atm, since I didnā€™t configure the CPU it should run in 700MHz. :man_shrugging:

More research is required indeed.

All further updates will only be present on my blog

2 Likes