Fedora 32 Autologin dont work

Hello Guys,

i installed Fedora 32 on my System and first thing i did was to activate Autologin under the Usersetting from Gnome.

First reboot it worked. But after that not more. The System asks me everytime to put my password in. Doesnt matter if i deactivate and reactivate the option.

The Installation from Fedora is now 4 Days old. I installed only Chromium and @virtualization paket. not more.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but as far as I know autologin does not work when the drive (or at least home partition) is encrypted. Fedora encrypts the drives by default if not chosen otherwise in the installer.

Did you check whether that is the case?

How can i check that? Its a fully standard installation.

But why it worked first times?

That is actually a good questions since I never really thought about it :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m fairly certain I setup my /home as encrypted, but the rest as unencrypted. But every answer I can find on google only seems to address whole-disk encryption, but I can’t find anything on how to determine if a single partition is encrypted.
Supposedly lsblk should be able to tell, but that is telling me that nothing is encrypted so yeah… either my setup didn’t work the way I thought it did or I’m looking in the wrong place :thinking:

That’s what I was wondering too, but I don’t have an answer for that. The encryption was just the first thing that came to mind.