Fedora 31 boot problem with gpu passthrough

Hey guys,

over the last few days I have set up gpu pass-through on my PC. I have a i9 7900x, a gtx 1050ti for the host system (kubuntu 19.10) and a 1080ti for the guest system. Using Windows 10 (with applied code 43 fix) works fine, I get a video output on my second screen, the performance is fine.
When I try to install another vm using Fedora 31 I can’t get it to work. I followed a guide from if-not-true-then-false .com to install the latest nvidia drivers and blacklisting the nouveau driver on fedora. Without the gpu the system boots up just fine, with gui as well as console mode. When adding the gpu system boots up as long as I’m in console mode, I can login and see that the 1080ti uses the nivida driver using lspci -nnv. As soon as I activate the gui the system starts booting up but gets stuck after:

Starting Virtualization deamon…
[OK] Started Virtualization deamon.

The screen which is connected to the 1080ti is constantly turning on and off but nothing is happening.
Specs of the vm:
Chipset Q35
Firmware UEFI x86_64: /usr/share/OVMF/OVMF_CODE.fd
CPU: 8 cores, 16 threads with host cpu config (i9 7900x)
RAM: 32GB

I tried to find a solution on google but couldn’t find anything so far. Using Ubuntu for the new vm gives a similar result.

Does anyone have suggestions, how to tackle this problem?

Cheers
Andy