FDA comments section spammed

It’s like deja-vu all over again. But with th FDA instead of the FCC, seems like they were on top of it though. https://www.regulatorwatch.com/brent_stafford/flavor-spam-fake-anti-vaping-comments-flood-fda/

Oh wonderful. They want me to go back to cigarettes.

Because fucking reasons.

Who would be interested in getting vaping banned? I can only think of one industry.

I wonder why there are no filters in place to block very similar posts.

Which industry? Definitely not the tobacco one? They’re a big player in the whole vaping thing now.

With vaping growing, it is a lot easier for people to make the step from away from smoking. So every company focused on helping people to get of cigarettes is up in arms about it.

So many comments all at once, bogging down comment entry? Perpetrator could have been more subtle.

And I’m sure if the entity who spammed the comments is revealed, their comment would go along the lines of “The comments were submitted on behalf of my clients and I cannot reveal their identity because that would be an invasion of their privacy, so fuck off”

I wonder who else did this somewhat recently…

Suprisingly, It is the pharmaceutical industry funneling money through anti-smoking/anti-nicotine groups. The anti groups are the original SJW’s and are absolutely crazy and frequently completely ignore facts to further their agenda. They don’t really want people using less harmful products. The anti folks want complete abstinence, and big pharm want you to keep smoking or do what the anti-smoking comercial says and talk to your doctor about Chantix. As was mentioned earlier, the tobacco industry has already bought out some major vape players and are pulling some regulatory shenanigans of their own with the FDA. On the non-political tech side I’m amazed that the FDA was out front of it and open about what happened including the fact that they had at least 4 IP addresses. I’m sure they’ll end up being TOR exit nodes, a VPN provider or some random hacked server though.