FCC caught red-handed

In all honesty, You could say this about any of the publications out there.

I gave up on politics recently, I realized that when I was born I was given a ticket to the freak show / circus that is the world. And being born in America, I was given front row seats. Now I just detach myself and watch it all develop into the shitshow, or just let everything go up in flames.

People say Politicians are shit. Most would agree here. But Politicians don't come from another world, they don't fall out of the sky. They come from American parents, American homes, American Schools, Churches, Businesses, and Universities and are elected by American citizens.

This is the best we can do folks. It's what our system produces.

So maybe it's not the politicians that suck. Maybe it's the public.

And on the topic of FCC, anything that gets passed will be written by the ISP's. Even if another political party reverses the reversal later, that bill will still be written by the ISP's so sound great, but will be littered with loopholes that allows an ISP to continue fucking it's customers.

Let's face it guys, we ( in the great U.S.A. ) have the best government money can buy.

Edit: grammar

right, which is why no one should rely on a single source. Ideally you expose yourself to as many sources as possible.

the whole jumping to extremes bit is a bit of a joke now. yes, America has issues. no, America isn't the greatest country on Earth. i AM happy i get to live there half the time, and miss the freedoms i enjoy there when i'm not.

The FCC is going to do what it wants, which seems to be, at tjis moment, killing Title II and net neutrality. Evidence be damned. It doesn't matter if they got caught lying about a cyber attack or not. Truly unfortunate, but I dont think anyone is going to change their minds this time.

you know, thats what they want you to do. Yes, American politics is deeply flawed and it is a massive shit show right now. But the system is built where the masses have power, but only half vote. Its a whole lot easier to manipulate the government to act against the best interest of the public, when half the public don't vote.

as for why politicians are shit, i recommend this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs

I've actually seen this waayyyy back. Honestly, I believe for anything to get semi-better, My (dare I say Generation) needs to start taking seats and promoting real change. get things up to date with the times, and get people out of the WH that make it look like a nursing home. There is a generational gap right now and it's no wonder that man(child) won. He knew how to appeal to his generation. Hes a great salesman, I'll give him that, but not many people understand running a business is nothing like running a country.

/rant

we'll have our time. I think there is however a common trap of assuming most of our generation has similar beliefs to your own. We tend to hang out with like minded individuals. City people tend to hang out with other city people; country folk hang out with other country folk. Conservatives use conservative sites and forums to chat and liberals do the same. The older i get, the more common it seems for our generation to have the same political flaws of our predecessors.

I would say the most important part is to try to get the system to benefit the masses and the masses alone. To get rid of things like citizens united and electoral colleges and to make it easier for people to be able to vote and to force the government to be as transparent as possible to make them as responsible to the public as possible.

2 Likes