FCC caught red-handed

See, I have comcast and they said they were going to make the internet faster. I'm really on board for what makes the internet go faster. So who do I have to vote for to get faster internet, again? Cox?

I noticed amazon was a little laggy when I was trying to order a new ottoman, yesterday. Come on FCC fix the internet already!

Don't start the politics thing, it will go into shit flinging and some mods will have to clean up the mess...

1 Like

That is exactly the problem, imo- forced opinion masquerading as "progressive freedoms." We just left 8 years of "progressive" leadership in the US, and it was one step forward, two steps back; now is no different, the pendulum is simply banging against the wall on the right instead of left. The pushback will be twice as hard, and we, the people, will be the ones left paying for the damage.

The FCC is a textbook stereotype for government corruption. They're not even trying anymore.

"The people don't like it? Distract them. Or shut them down. Lol."

Aye. This bullshit is wearing me out. We're in the midst of a silent revolution... Or a revolution of silence, rather- who can keep the other quiet.

Sorry, that's enough /pol for me for today. Back to vega...

1 Like

@moderators, end this please.

1 Like

You keep bickering about stupid shit while they're trying to take away your freedom and your rights. There's no point in attacking or hating a political party that doesn't even hold enough power to do any damage. Save that for when the Democrats get into power. The expression "fight the power" is there for a reason. And there's currently only one party that holds all the power and they're working overtime on screwing you and taking away your rights. The very same that keeps complaining about fake news and you keep falling for it, only to discover a week later that it wasn't fake news after all. Jesus fuckin' Christ, some of you people trust lying politicians over journalists. Wake the fuck up and focus, for fuck sake. That corporate stooge is about to kill net neutrality. And he doesn't give a fuck how many laws he breaks to do it. And the current White House supports his efforts.

1 Like

It would be wonderful if this thread could get back on topic...

Edit: looks like the posts got deleted

so how do you know that your individual souces are the truth if you only listen to one source?

I think I already stated this but the sources I listen to are reliable and only focus on the truth and facts and so I only need one for local news and one for world politics. Why would I go looking for more sources when I don't need them?

Dude, there is no objective truth anywhere in the world. Without looking at a topic from different (and I mean as different as possible) viewpoints, you will never get the full picture.

1 Like

i asked how do you know your sources are the truth. And you reply, that they only focus on the truth and facts. Thats not an explanation on how you know your sources are the truth. I worry that you chose a source that aligns with your outlook on life and are putting blinders on to stay in a bubble.

Even if your sources were the absolute truth, to work with people that have different outlooks than your own, its beneficial to understand their point of view by seeing the news they rely on and believe to be true.

Its also odd that you don't provide the source that you consider the truth.

That would just devolve the whole thing further into politics.
It isn't about what source is "true", it is about how to handle media in general.

i'm not trying to prove he is wrong, i'm trying to understand his view

I think I made myself clear Atatax. Also getting back to the main thing here and that is let us just hope net neutrality is a thing that stays well into the future.

Yes, indeed. It seems pretty obvious to me that you are lacking the capability for critical / scientific thinking. And based on that statements like

can be ignored.

1 Like

i don't understand where you don't see where there is confusion. You claim to have a reliable and true source. I asked how do you know its true, and your response is because its reliable and true. How does that clarify how you know its reliable and true?

I don't think net neutrality is a thing right now. Verizon Wireless has FIOS TV as data free, as not counting towards your data cap. Thats not neutrality. Verizon is throttling services like youtube and netflix. Netflix had to pay off Comcast. The FCC refuses to release the over 40,000 consumer net neutrality complaints.

You keep trying to keep this going. As for the insult you sent my way I would like to say a few choice words to you but I will refrain from doing so as I know what you said doesn't totally apply to me. Yes some of it does in that in regards to science I don't know much but honestly there are many on here that could say the same. So I am not alone. As for critical thinking you are way off base. I definitely do that. Oh and the part about the Washington Post not being able to be trusted there are facts behind why it should not be trusted. It has a certain agenda. If you need to find out look on the internet and you will find more info. on it. I will not share where you will find it as it will only continue this crap being flung at me. Can you and others just stop? Clearly a mod messaged me and must have messaged a few more of you about this. The conversation is over about the Washington post and sources I follow for news. Ok? Seriously stop it!

There is a war going on right now for net neutrality. I get that. As for my comments on the Washington Post go to the first post and read what I said. Basically it meant that as soon as I saw the Washington Post did the story I wasn't interested. I did not click on anything in the first post by the OP. If the Washington Post was right on this story well good for them for once but 99% of the time they are so biased and untrustworthy and definitely not on the side of the average person that it is not worth my time to look at any of what they print / put on the net.

You brought it up, sooooo .... yeah.
And now you won't stop shooting yourself in the foot over and over again....

I'm done here.

I am not shooting myself in the foot. Btw 4 likes for my original post. Clearly some get the idea of not trusting the Washington Post. Also you had a post earlier in this thread where you said the shit flinging would happen and mods would have to get involved and so basically don't do this and that but you have done what you said not to do. I already said they did get involved and you continue on with this crap. I also bet that you saying you are done here would not be true if I didn't just mention that you said you are done. You are the type that needs to get the last word in.

reads last dozen posts
This is a net neutrality thread, right?

26k upvotes on a reply, sweet Jesus

they never filed a report with the Department of Homeland Security, which is what every government agency is supposed to do if they experience a cyber attack.

Nice

3 Likes