FBI VS APPLE: It's a Massive PR Stunt - We Go In-Depth in This Rant:30 | Tek Syndicate

hi i live in Australia, love the channel, and i did what you said, went to apple and did the whole ram thing, here is a photo on the cost for us down under.

3 Likes

I don't think back-doors are going to survive when actual AI gets released into the internet. Imagine a robot capable of operating a door handle and lock-picking just driving around town. If a Watson like AI is told go find something interesting and rare and is given full access to the internet it could be possible the result would be: "Hey i fond this encrypted system but half the encryption was bogus and the system after that had a router I discovered had a backdoor last week, etc. Long story short i now have this thing called 'nuclear launch codes', was I a good boy?"

2 Likes

00000000 was I a good boy?

1 Like

Sherlock reference? (cadavers)

1 Like

I have to say, I really enjoyed this video...

You should really think about including sources for what you are referencing, either in the video itself or in the section below the video or anywhere else you deem fit. That is because it makes it hard to trust your conclusions when we cannot be clear about whether or not your sources say what they say you do. I do not mean to say that you are not trustworthy or have bad intentions but we need to be able to check whether or not what you are saying is right. Let me give you an example: You said that Bill Gates first said one thing and then changed his opinion and said something else which you did not provide proof for. So now I can either believe you and think that Gates changed his opinion, not believe you, or be in a gray area where I do not know what to think. I hope you will take this advice, it would increase the quality of this video and similar ones you may do in the future significantly. This, of course, is all just my opinion.

2 Likes

Was debating about responding, seeing Wendell as the bright mind that he is and his ability to elaborate on complex topics/scenarios freely is what kept me coming back. I on the other hand don’t possess this quality (neither do the people I work with) and find myself referring people who ask about things to places like Tom’s Hardware or if their savvy to Hardocp; would like to refer you guys to others but just can’t for a slew of reasons and that is what probably frustrates me the most hence the constructive criticism. Content trumps video quality // being that your videos are long normally slap you guys up to the screen to the right, skip past the intro, put to full screen and get back to working on whatever project I was on; soooo fluctuations in sound give me the “oh crap, reach over and turn it down!” // the 80’s video game music takes away anything your trying to say because it is so annoying, having it threw the entire video is where I draw the line.
@alamar To answer your question: Yes, am looking for something else.
@wendell should you ever brake off on your own please email me and good luck man

Here you go:

That's true, but either way you can always dig deeper and look for your own sources to see what is true or, as you did, ask for source here.

1 Like

It's was a great video but of course sources are needed from when other opinions are being envoked from other people like Gates. It might disrupt flow a bit but it keeps it credible so if something wrong is said, it goes back to someone else and not you since you are reporting on it.

But like I said, great video and keep the content flowing!

Of course that is true. And thank you for the links. I just meant to say that not using sources eats away at the content's credibility.

You asked for follow-up questions:
Where do you think the line should be between what the government is allowed to do (i.e. what data are they allowed to collect, which tools for protecting one's privacy should be legal, etc.) and based on that, what the laws should be like as a result. Maybe have a few paragraphs of law text as an outline of what it might look like and go into detail why you think the points you put in there should be there and which implications they would have and what purposes they would serve (using real world examples would be best).
Thank you for providing us with this kind of content! :)

What is the solution from the user point of view? How do I use android but still be protected?

I'm thinking you might be a minority regarding the music. It really was -35 db, which is barely audible to me when my headphones. Is anyone else having issues with the music?

And this is Tek Syndicate. We are a team. We won't all be in every video, but we each have our specialty. Frankly, mine is the creative stuff (making music, games, future movies). Wendell is the guru. Qain in the very experienced networking guy, Linux admin, and he also has a creative streak. I think the divisive remarks are getting to be a bit much. I'm seeing them too frequently. I know some of you just want one thing all day every day, but that is not what we are.

Once we finally get into the office we will all be specializing and doing more solo content. So you can watch what you want. It takes all of us to make this what it is. I also plan to add new faces. We are a community and together we can do more.

6 Likes

<LAWL>
I bought 32GB of ECC RAM for a server that cost waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less than that
</LAWL>

1 Like

Yeah it's too quiet and there's not enough FM synth around these days.

Oh! Right, I see, well, ;)... I'm watching this on 5.1 with a slightly tweaked-out subwoofer amped to over shiz-I-dunno-decibels but I promise you when the filth get here with a decimter I'll take a pic and post it here so we all know... ahem- levels are good, H, don't stress.

1 Like

LMAO that was funny. I agree, I think we should be able to have unbreakable "boxes". It's not government's business why where how and what i do. Regarding the criminals, it's as Wendell says. You just need good old fashioned police work. And this was demonstrated during the assassination attempt of French president in 1962. The intelligence was able to catch the Jackal without needing any sophisticated technology.

EDIT: I enjoyed the background music. It was just the right volume. It made me feel like I'm watching trailer for movie or something.

1 Like

Contrary to popular belief, Apple™ products are not intrinsically wholesome, in fact they have been linked to significant increases in smug levels.

2 Likes

How do you guys feel about windows phone/ windows mobile in terms of privacy etc?

Also which high end Smartphone has the most protection?

It is guaranteed that we do know the whole story on this issue. Corporations are willing to lie to us and even our own government is willing to lie to us. Neither side is gonna give us accurate information as we would be pissed at both.

First off all, great video. It felt like public service. A just want to add this kind of matters aren't black & white, as for Apple has to safeguard their consumers and the state (FBI) has to safeguard the public interest. The main problem here is that this is a first of a kind case and like many things nowadays are judicially solved problems because the political class is always behind in this matters when dealing a new technologies or paradigms. This only happens because laws aren't suited for new technologies and can't attend to the interests/rights/duties of citizens or the state. This kind of conundrums must happen so they can develop case studies and further develop society. That is how we move forward. By the way FBI mucked it up big time at the point of amateurishness, and no one can ask for a company the undermine their own product.