Favourite gaming headphones/sound making device to hear games

What do you guys use for your gaming audio set up? what are you favorite cans/headsets? speaker config?

I personally use the AKG k701s for the detailed and extensive sound stage which is almost overwhelming in how much I can hear in CS:GO. For music (mainly bass heavy and or electronic) I use the M50s with Velour pads (makes them sound godly) running all off a Musiland O2 Dragon.

Love to hear from you guys, I'm thinking of picking up the K712s when i get some more money since I hear they're basically k701s with more bass (my biggest gripe with them)

I only have a set of Corsair Vengeance 1500. I have no complaints really. Maybe one of these days I will look into some studio quality cans.

I have Hyperx Clouds paired with a SoundBlaster ZX sound card after a bit of eq it becomes a truly high fidelity headset.

I've been using the Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premiums for a while now, and I'm using a Mayflower O2 + ODAC to drive it. I can't say I've ever had more clear and precise audio from any set of headphones. I will admit that the bass is lacking, however I'm not very interested in bass heavy sound anyway so it's not a big deal to me.

I got my k701s for $110-$120 USD brand new..... just check your local craigslist/what ever for deals.

1 Like

Will do next time. Thanks T_S_B for the tip.

I almost got DT880 600ohms for $200 USD, went with the K701s for $120~ ($260CAD & $140CAD ea)