Favorite PC Games of the Last 2 - 5 Years

Of the last 5 years? in no particular order

• Skyrim
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Mortal Kombat 9
  • Witcher 2 (Only reason this is up here is because I loved the Witcher Story, Witcher 2 has the most disappointing and short story of all the Witcher Games)
  • Far Cry 3

Was Deus Ex pretty good?

I played the original and really enjoyed the cyberpunk themes.

Gameplay wise, Deus Ex Human Revolution was in my opinion much better cause the mechanics and everything wasn't as brutal, even though i enjoyed the realism of the first game. but if you are looking for overall story. nothing will ever beat the first game. the story of that first game was monumental.

Plus in the first game i kinda felt that the Dragon Sword was so overpowered. you could run through the game with just that weapon.

Skyrim
Kerbal Space Program
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Terraria
Darksiders
Endless Space
Cities: Skylines
Besiege
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Yeah, that original story kicked ass - like Johnny Mnemonic, but instead of a data runner, you're a nano augmented stealth operative. Mechanics were definitely clunky. It'd be nice to play the new one just to be in the universe with smoother controls and updated graphics.

there's a few games like that give you that Cyberpunk feel. but it depends how much you are willing to get into them. I just recently bought a game called "Remember Me". graphics are amazing. but game play is pretty repetitive and the fights in the game are similar if not identical to the batman games. the way the game is it made me think "this is what mirrors edge should of been. but word of advice if you do consider that game, you might as well get a gamepad, Capcom doesn't know how to "PC Controls"

Skyrim
Team Fortress 2
Battlefield 4
Space Engineers
Terraria
Minecraft
Garry's Mod

I was just looking at the game yesterday. It looked like it was capturing that gritty noire cyberpunk feel. I'll have to check it out now. On the non-noire side, I recommend checking out the Talos Principle if you're into cyber themes. On the surface its just a puzzle game, but the story is one of the coolest cyber stories I've ever seen in a game. It's like Portal meets Socrates meets Ghost in the Shell

Nearly forgot Gmod! Best damn game ever. Not sure if it came out in the last five years though... Wasn't it 2006 or 7.

I guess my list would be something like this:
- Dustforce
- TRI
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- Insurgency
- Audiosurf 2
- Alien: Isolation
- Risk of Rain
- The Swapper
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- Hotline Miami 1 and 2
- Dark Souls

Some notable mentions would be Tomb Raider (2013), Guns of Icarus, Blacklight: Retribution (this game is dead to me), and Antichamber.

Edit: I didn't know Dark Souls was from 2012. Fixed that.

Basically, yes, but there's also an addictive business management meta-game.