Favorite childhood video game

Or Tenchu 2 - also PS1

I think that was my overall all time favorite too.

Sonic on the mega drive.

And Command & Conquer on the PS1 are my earliest and fondest gaming memories.

I also played lots of Tetris and Qix on the grey brick GameBoy.

This was the Holy Grail of Mortal Kombat Games in my Opinion.

By far my favorite. StarFox 64 is close, but the animated scenes and easter eggs in this game are amazing for its time, oh and the music. 

+1

Behind Jaggi Lines and ZYBEX  (Atari 800XE)

I'm probably younger than a lot of you; my favourite was Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue. It took me so long to complete, probably because I was 6.

Well damn I guess I'm still technically in my childhood. But for younger childhood I'd say Star Wars Battlefront 2

Commander Keen 1-6

Star Wars Battlefront 2 was my favorite childhood game, the first game I ever played however was Shrek 2.

Or

+1 Not my favorite, but definitely memorable. I think I still have the game on some 5.25" diskettes back at my parents in a box somewhere.

They need to release a new Shrek video game, it would get super popular.

Definitely most played and loved game by me, hit 1000+ hours on a single save slot.

Maniac mansion

Zork

Various Zelda's

Big red racing 

Doom

Redneck rampage

Your up late tonight ... I'll find you  something to fix tomorrow ..

and they said one game!   where is a mod when you need one?  lol

My family owned a PS2, and we tended to play PS1/2 games for that reason. Crash Bash, Ace Combat IV: Shattered Skies, Gran Turismo 3, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, and Ratchet and Clank were probably the most memorable ones for me.

I also poured a lot of time into Runescape because I had no idea of what there was better to do, and my brothers got me into America's Army 2. I tended to play them a lot when I was supposed to be doing homework and my mom wasn't looking over my shoulder. :P