Father's Day Gift Ideas

Ahh, I was incorrectly thinking of the single blade thingy.

@trexd thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

People are generally surprised at how sharp the blades actually are compared to the multibladed systems and the cost benefit.
The emperor of earth bit is a classic. So true. Also comes down to prep and soap vs cream. The canned gels and foams are terrible. A decent brush with some nice sandalwood cream, or similar, makes all the difference. Depends on the skin type of course.

1 Like

I do prefer the feeling of cream over foam gel.

1 Like

You’re one step to the best shave in your life. Try a double edge after a nice warm up of the face. You’ll feel like you can conquer the world and will never look back.

O.o

Maybe we should start a ‘Shaving Best Practices: Corner’

1 Like

If you can find the most amazing shave you’ll ever have, you’ll have no problems recommending it to other to buy for their fathers.

I like Col Konk’s bayrum.

Only lasts about 3 months, but at the price, it’s hard to argue that.

I’d be happy to do a couple how-to guides.

How to undo your neckbeard

2 Likes

Is there a gift I can give my father to receive unconditional love? And or something he will actually use. I bought him a nice electronic razor last year to help him reduce his use of those bick double headed razors and in his own words, “I don’t trust it.”

Spend time with him. Take him out to lunch, go hiking, do something together with him to show that you love him.

People forget that it’s not about the things we buy each other, but the time we spend together.

I have no idea what to buy my dad, so I’m detailing his car and taking him hiking on Sunday, considering he’s not had a whole lot of time to spend with family lately, I think he’ll appreciate that.

I used to use that but Proraso comes with a bowl and I’m too lazy to melt Col Konks into a bowl.

Oh, I just cut it in half and it’s more usable without melting.

1 Like

That’s why they pay you the big bucks :wink: Never thought of that.

1 Like

If only. It’d be soo much easier to get through the day if I were to just go around cutting things in half. Also cathartic.

1 Like

It depends on your budget. However, I don’t think your father is expecting something costly. You can get him a belt or a shirt. If he likes alcohol, get a bottle of something to his taste. A voucher at a spa salon or gym would be a great idea too.

Thread closed as it was outside the guidelines for thread revival. Please PM me or another moderator if you feel the thread was closed in error. See the FAQ for more information.

Feel free to create a new thread if you wish to continue this thread’s conversation.