Fat32 sd card revovery fun

Ok got a fun issue, so I have an amazon kindle, every now and then, it just messes up the memory card inside it, no longer seeing it as a card and demanding it be formatted, every time that happens I unmount it, pop it in the computer, and bam, a quick check and its working.

one time it was particularly bad, but I still recovered it.

this time however, my pc was having some issues, along with the sd card having some issues, the port I think failed while doing chkdsk /x /r now it kind of shows nothing at all.

to be clear none of the files on it are mission critical, I have either backups of every single thing that was downloaded to it, or the files are easily re downloadable, I could reformat it and be done with it, but I would love it if I could get the files back because that’s about 160gb of crap to re download and I just don’t want to if I don’t have to.

its a samsung evo 256gb card, I doubt its the card, and it seems kindles are known for doing this kind of crap. the card didnt have issues till it was in the kindle.

so, anyone know something I can do to fix it?

I have had this happen with a few first gen RPis and those cards were deader than a door knob. I have never been able to recover them into any recognizable state.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.