Fast boot when installing Ubuntu

I am new to Linux and am about to install Ubuntu for the first time so I apologise if this is a silly question.

I am going to be installing Ubuntu onto a new SSD and am going to disconnect both the SSD with my Windows 8.1 installation and my storage drive while installing Ubuntu just to be safe.

Do I have to disable fast boot in my bios and/or fast start-up in Windows before installation?
Online guides I have been looking at seem to suggest I do, if so can I enable it again after install?

Thanks for any help you can offer

No.. but you may have to disable UEFI boot but 14.04 and 14.10 work fine with EFI booiting via grub

i disabled fast boot and left it off. i had issues with the windows drive becoming corrupt and something else it yorked but i can't remember it. it use to be that linux could read/write to the ntfs c: drive partition, but i had issues with windows 8.1 and i just know that fast boot was suggested to turn off. at best it can only trim a second or two with it on. i think fast boot basically makes windows drive sleep instead of do a power cycle. so any change between boots is going to york it, it must be in the same state to boot or work. these settings might be in the power control panel in windows, but again, i just abandoned that practice all together.